[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did youfinally realize Hemingway is entry level and patrician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: bT7NNLL.jpg (710KB, 2848x2345px) Image search: [Google]
bT7NNLL.jpg
710KB, 2848x2345px
When did youfinally realize Hemingway is entry level and patrician at the same time? For me it was Death in the Afternoon.
>>
>>9931406
I've never read Hemingway. Why should I?
>>
Old Man and the Sea 2bh. Plebs get tripped up on the simple prose and imagery but fail to think about the complete picture.
>>
The second time I read the sun also rises
>>
>>9931431
similarly, TSaR was my first Hemingway, I did not like it until I got to the bullfighting scene and then I thought, "Alright, perhaps there is something to this..." Then when I reread it about a year later I appreciated the entirety of it vastly.
>>
My Father told me, before anyone else. He's a clever man, intelligent but not drastically so. Although a lawyer, he doesn't read for pleasure. The exception being that he enjoyed Hemingway. Growing up, once my family had realized that my reading habit would not abate with age, my father gave me an official recommendation to him. I began with A Farewell to Arms. I eventually ended up reading all of his major works as well as about 3/4 of his short stories.

As much as my father, Hemingway taught me what it is to be a man. Later, I read the stoics and made a lot of connections. I knew he was entry level because he's where I got started. I knew he was patrician once I began to realize what patrician was. Being. Being whole, being simply, and being the best one could make of themselves.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.