[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I do not ordinarily make prophecies, but about this I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: osho.jpg (7KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
osho.jpg
7KB, 273x185px
>I do not ordinarily make prophecies, but about this I am absolutely prophetic: the coming hundred years are going to be more and more irrational, and more and more mystical.
Osho

He's clearly correct on the irrational point. And with the popularity of people like Jordan Peterson, I wouldn't be surprised if he was right about the latter.
Your thoughts?
>>
sperm
>>
>Thinking it ever was rational
>>
>>9925585
so much this
>>
>>9925592
But even the semblance of rationality is dying at this point.
>>
can't wait to slaughter all rationalfags, lol
that day is coming!
>>
>>9925608
Perhaps my comment was wrong, because more and more irrational doesn't necessarily imply that it was rational at any point - just relatively more.
But what does rational and irrational mean to you? If it is religion, there are still countries - namely in Europe - that are becoming less religious. If you follow the psychological concept of rationality then there is no reason to think rationality was ever there. If rational has to do with New Atheist/LessWrong types, well, I am not sure if they are decreasing. Peterson is hugely popular; though I have no idea what the demographics are. And I'm not sure if his thought can be considered irrational, perhaps it is just another kind of 'rationality'.
>>
>>9925581
I don't know much about Peterson....what does he have to do with mysticism?
>>
Indians are far enough from whiteness that their reactionary statements don't give goose-white people like you hives, but this is just "golden prehistory" sentiment.

It's true, but it's not wise to speak of such things:

Ecclesiastes 7:10

Also, things were much more irrational in the 60s than they are now. World is connected by a computer network of pure reason today. wtf
>>
>>9925608
Didn't know Ken M posted on /lit/.
>>
>>9925608
take it from an autistic Jew, OP: the kids are alright

slatestarcodex.com/2013/10/20/the-anti-reactionary-faq/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.