[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me what it feels to be a male studying literature in collge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

Tell me what it feels to be a male studying literature in collge (not an american BTW).

Will it help you to become a better writer?
Are most classes dominated by girls?
Are they cute?
>>
>>9925471
most of the girls are fat sluts but they're still better writers and readers than their male counterparts who only got into the lit course because of the huge influx of pussy. the teachers are usually late bloomer faggots because, much like gynecologist, they've seen so much pussy - usually in exchange for good grades- that they've come to dislike it
>>
>>9925471
No girl in my class is cute except for this airhead whose lipstick is applied in a poor fashion. Thin lips too! Sad!
>>
>>9925471
Yeah, they are. My Shakespeare class two semesters ago was almost entirely chicks. Was literally one of three guys in a class of 25. It was quiet as fuck though. No one talked before class or anything and all the girls were real shy about answering questions. Some were hot, most were average looking, and there were a few pigs.
>>
>>9925471
Is that the dude that got kicked out of Saudi Arabia for being too good looking or something?
>>
>>9925686
He looks like your run of the mill brown fag.
>>
>>9925673
>literally 22 shy girls
>didn't scored not even a few of them
are u gay?
>>
Majored in Literature & Culture Studies (was the only lit course offered at my uni).
Waste of a degree. Will make you a worse writer if anything, and it won't get you a job anywhere unless your portfolio is outstanding.
If your portfolio is outstanding, you don't need the degree.
You'll learn a bunch about Karl Marx and how shite your portfolio is at least.

Tonnes of puss tho. Good range from the odd 1/10 to full 10s, all of them exploring and defining their sexual identity. Prostitutes are cheaper but.
>>
>>9925833
>even thirld worlders get free or cheap college
lmao
>>
>>9925837
I'm an Ausfag, so I didn't really pay for it- but there are laws coming in that could change that even though I graduated years ago. Define: justice

He asked for the Amerifag experience anyway.
>>
>>9925840
he literally said he wasn't an american.
>>
>>9925848
He also literally said collge
>>
>>9925851
college is the american name for universities.
>>
>>9925840
What sort of laws are they changing?
>>
>>9925471
It'll help you get to know how to work with women well, for sure. Oddly, they don't tend to dominate the classes, the guys do, but they are highly represented among successful students.

If your goal is to learn to write, just read a lot and talk a lot about books, that you can do in lit classes but it's not what they'll be training you to do. They'll train you to reverse-engineer books at 'best' but mostly they teach you how to interpret texts, construct meaning. This is a very different thing than creating fiction. I think it can actually get in the way.

in my opinion, if you want to write fiction or poetry, read a lot of fiction and poetry, write A LOT OF IT - get criticism, talk to other artists and people but don't study literature professionally. Get some other job that will give you something to write about. Take a few English classes but don't major in it...join the literary mag, maybe...have contact with others that want to write...mostly speculative as I did major and went on to PhD. I do not think it helped me to be a better fiction writer except for the incidental fact that it forced me to improve my discipline and focus.
>>
>>9925891
self education is a meme, you dip fucktard.
unless you're american, getting a degree can get you at least a chance to get a job.

wow, I'm going to put in my CV I watched a lot of youtube about literature and talk a lot about philosophy on discord, pls give me a job.
>>
>>9925906
lol, you think showing up somewhere with a lit degree and no experience will get you a job somewhere
>>
>>9925915
yeah, I guess I'll simply read a bunch of books and put youtube and discord as my education on my CV, that'll impress the HR guy in some ad agency or the HR guys asking for a technical writer job.

sure.
you remind me of myself when I was a naive teenager.
>>
Most of them want to be English teachers and basically know nothing about classic literature. "Omg, I love reading, its my favorite past time! What's Beowulf?", "It's so wierd that you know the Canterbury Tales, I've never even heard of it." "Charles Dickens is my favorite author, I love A Christmas Carol."
>>
>>9925930
>he talks to girls for any other reason than fuck her.
>>
>>9925924
>you remind me of myself when I was a naive teenager.
It's better bait without this bit, but you got me to bite so idk

In any case, the guy that shows up with a rough-cut bestseller will get the job every time.
>>
>>9925937
I'm not talking about being a novelist, fucktard.

I'm talking about technical writing jobs, advertising and non literature jobs, maybe journalism or being a editor.

A technical writer will make 60-70k a year in burgerland.
A novelist will struggle to make 40k.

retard.
>>
>>9925934
Group projects are a thing mate.
>>
>>9925944
technical/copy writing: know the right people and freelance until you get hired
journalism: do unpaid internships/volunteer work until you get hired

I like your glass house, shame about the missing panes
>>
>>9925956
I still remember making these same excuses to not get a degree when I was a teenager.

Fun times, but boy, I was a dumb naive retard.
>>
>>9925784
t. cumskin neckbeard
>>
>>9925673
same here but i didn't talk to the cool cute girl for the same reasons im here on 4chan

is it too late to ask her out?
>>
I studied english and it was roughly 1/3 men, 2/3 women. In fact, in a couple of classes, the male contingent was me and one gay guy.

It was pretty good. Ended up screwing one dirty minded English Lit student for a few years, and plenty of eye candy to tempt me at parties and drinks.

8/10. Would do again.
>>
>>9925816
You know nothing about women if you think dating/fucking more than one(and even one) in the same class won't be the most awkward passive agrssive shit you've ever had to go through. You have to spend the fucking semester there, be smart.
>>
>>9926340
t. low test beta
>>
>>9926454
T. retard virgin
>>
>>9927112
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/mohammed-bello-abubakar-masaba-polygamy-nigerian-man-with-97-wives-still-very-much-alive-a7365926.html
>>
>>9926148
Never is too late, never say never.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.