[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are so many books to read but the pseuds tell you to keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1502507965259.jpg (20KB, 445x549px) Image search: [Google]
1502507965259.jpg
20KB, 445x549px
There are so many books to read but the pseuds tell you to keep reading and reading and reading without any judgement except for what they tell you to do.

I tried to read the last 70 pages of manufacturing consent last night but it was so fucking boring I could only read 20. I would never have read it in the first place because the propaganda model is repackaged common sense. How can these shitloads of "Super insightful praised by NYT, NY, Obama Zuckerberg, FT" non fiction works all be worth reading? Not even Chomsky's (and Herman's) book was worth reading. I knew the book could easily be summarised and the model was unnecessary and trivial and it was a catalogue of medias bias written for the sake of referencing, not reading

Chomsky didn't get to where he was, writing syntactic structures, by reading all day (reading prose books, not reading as a means to an end you pseuds). The behaviour they want from consumercucks is very different from what they praise in producerbulls. I guess if you're a woman you can get away with the "Tee-hee! I just luv boooks :))))!" attitude because someone else pays for your stuff, but get a grip you cucks.

Do you have any books under 250 pages to recommend? I'm sick of how everything is a fucking monument to the authors narcissism, even the nonfiction.
>>
It’s time to stop posting.
>>
just read the bible man, the fuck
>>
Chomsky is actually very interesting for me as an european. I had no idea about the stuff US did in Central America or how far the media bias goes. We have here but not taken to such extremes.
>>
>>9925493

AHAHAHAHAHA

I'm a UKer. Europeans, especially mainland ones, are in general hivemind sheeple
>>
>>9925456
The Heart of a Dog - Mikhail Bulgakov
>>
>>9925929

I've read it.

Also I am still unable to fully pry myself from the allure of pseud cred. How do I get over this?
>>
>>9926421
throw away/donate your books and get another hobby to keep you occupied for around five years

never enter /lit/ again
>>
>>9926559

I can't. I am held hostage by books in the same way I am held hostage by going to the gym. I can not do them but feel awful as a result.
>>
>>9926559

And I saw some people on r*ddit refer to manufacturing consent the movie as if they hadn't read the book and I just want that feeling of superiority over them.

Fuck it, I'll read the rest of it.
>>
>>9926569
>>9926576

Behold! The postmodern late-capitalist bourgeois subject himself!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.