[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA and "because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 27

File: 51548347.jpg (40KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
51548347.jpg
40KB, 520x520px
I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA and "because of the recent tragedy at Charlottesville" I have to write a 5 page essay on this book. I came to you for your expertise /lit/. Should I kill myself like Hemmingway or like DFW?
>>
Just say some bullshit and get your grades. Leftists are easily impressed so this should be easy

Or you could heavily critique but it won't be worth it in the end. Going against leftism 2017 is like going against Christianity in the 1500s
>>
>>9924534
Just write "I'm sorry I'm white" for five pages. Easy A imo
>>
>>9924555
Perhaps because there's literally no rightists in the social sciences of worth because actually thinking about social identity would undermine their ideology.
>>
>>9924569

The "social sciences" are a massive hugbox for women and minorities who are too dumb for more rigorous fields.

When students admitted under affirmative action initiatives started failing out the university administration had to create the intellectual equivalent of a bunny slope.
>>
Write something INCREDIBLY sarcastic and satiric. Talk out of both sides of your mouth. Lie through your teeth. Please everyone and no one. Treat it like a massive joke. Do that for five pages and see what happens.
>>
>>9924590
Bless you
>>
>>9924590
lel. "more rigorous"
Like what? STEM? Fuck off, or actually read up on sociolinguistics, anthropology, sociology, etc. You're a monumental woke pseud who has probably never looked further than his subreddit to know what to think about separate fields.
>>
>>9924595
>his subreddit
Hahahahaha I'm not him but holy shit hahahaha
>>
>>9924569
1/10
>>9924595
2/10
>>
>>9924595
Lesbian tight rope walking major detected
>>
>>9924612
>>9924619
t. engineers who have to do the same kind of science I did in high school, and the level of maths I already do in first-year logic.
>>
>>9924534
Write a politically correct essay, but reference authors and books with extreme viewpoints and see if they notice it. Like this:
The violence against people of colour and indigenous communities follows the structural patterns of Jew-hatred in Nazi Germany. (Alfred Rosenberg, The Myth of the Twentieth Century, p. 347)
>>
Just be honest. Professors (and people in general) appreciate it when you don't act like a pussy. On some subconscious level, they know how full of shit they are and enjoy being called out on it.
>>
>>9924650
Or completely overdo it. Argue that terrorist actions against US government targets by black Americans are justified. Get an A, post the results on the internet and get your leftist professor fired.
>>
>>9924595
>Like what? STEM?
>STEM
Yes. Social sciences amount to political and ideology games. Almost all of it is useless.
>>
>>9924675
STEM has the ideology of positivism and scientism or induction, which is philosophically retarded.

You've proven you have no idea what you're talking about. Social science seeks to find the ideology underlying actions, language, etc. I bet you still adhere to views put forward by Durkheim too, pseud.
>>
>>9924642
0/10
>>
>>9924679
It's literally the exact opposite. Social "science" (put economics, sociology, and psychology here along with the usual suspects) takes the veneer and superficial methodology of real science to put forth unfalsifiable, therefore unscientific, claims into the world. The definitions of scientism:

An exaggerated trust in the efficacy of the methods of natural science applied to all areas of investigation, as in philosophy, the social sciences, and the humanities.[55]
The use of scientific or pseudoscientific language.[57]
The contention that the social sciences, such as economics and sociology, are only properly sciences when they abide by the somewhat stricter interpretation of scientific method used by the natural sciences, and that otherwise they are not truly sciences.[58]
"A term applied (freq. in a derogatory manner) to a belief in the omnipotence of scientific knowledge and techniques; also to the view that the methods of study appropriate to physical science can replace those used in other fields such as philosophy and, esp., human behaviour and the social sciences."[59]
>>
>>9924709
>Cites wikipedia
Thanks pseud
>>
It is unbelievably funny to see Americans fighting each other. All those civil wars that their governments brought to the world are now coming after them. Both sides are amazingly stupid and Im so excited to see what is going to be. America is falling.
>>
>>9924732
Have fun obeying the chinks
>>
>>9924732
t. Mohammed
>>
File: phil-test-scores-salaries.png (295KB, 1012x1817px) Image search: [Google]
phil-test-scores-salaries.png
295KB, 1012x1817px
>>9924595
>>9924679

Yes, STEM, but also history, classical studies, and philosophy. There's no denying that STEM has a bit of an issue with scientism but what I meant by rigorous was that STEM is more intellectually demanding than sociology. It's just harder, and you can't bullshit and phone in courses like you can in arts.
>>
>>9924534

Write an essay on antifa, they're mostly white and really angry.
>>
>>9924922
Philosophy is arts, you absolute drongo
>>
I'd recommend reading "Culture of critique"
>>
>>9924569
Sociology is normative trash. Anything it undermines it replaces with something similar.
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (48KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
48KB, 600x518px
>>9925097
>normative
>>
>>9925105
I know exactly.what it means. Keep trying to change the world under the guise of studying it. I'm sure it won't backfire on you.
>>
File: download (1).png (7KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
7KB, 247x204px
>>9925117
>he thinks there's an outside world
>>
>>9925132
Not really relevant to this discussion. We're talking about a field that's dependent on that assumption.
>>
Wow who would have thought a minority studies course might involve material critical of majority hegemony? Poor OP, how could he have ever forseen this? Good thing he came to ask to ask us for advice great thread guys, much book.
>>
>>9924555
when i was forced to write ideological litmus test essays i took things to the extreme to entertain myself. I advocated for interracial breeding grounds and an inheritance tax based on the percentage of your genetic markers that could reasonably be associated with European descent, with those who have no caucasian ancestry paying 0% and those who are fully caucasian paying 100% in my essay about undoing white supremacy (this was literally the topic and this was an anth 101 class).
>>
>>9924662
Please OP, do this
>>
>>9924986
I have no dog in this but serious philosophy cannot be phoned in
>>
>>9925438
Please do this OP
>>
>>9925438
What grade you get?
>>
>>9924534
Just so y'all know this is riffing on a book from ~40 years ago called black rage.
>>
>>9925097
I wish sociology today was like Gehlen's.
>>
File: 1502543982141.jpg (65KB, 279x372px) Image search: [Google]
1502543982141.jpg
65KB, 279x372px
>>9924662
DOING GODS WORK

>inb4 a CIA recruiter invites him for a job interview
>>
File: Wizard.jpg (180KB, 534x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard.jpg
180KB, 534x900px
>>9924534
Here is a list of buzzwords/phrases that are guaranteed to give you an A if you use them:

>White hegemony
>Marginalized voices
>Oppression
>Patriarchy
>Institutional racism
>Soft racism
>Microaggressions
>Heteronormative
>Cultural appropriation
>Otherization

Just say the magic words OP and your prof will have to give you that A!
>>
>>9924650
>>9924662
This is petty and idiotic. We know you can argue for anything as long as it's sound. Believe it or not but you're not being graded on your ideology, but your ability to synthesize the course material. I know you're having your white boy feelings hurt by being told white people have historically oppressed black people but seriously grow the fuck up and do the work like an adult, in 4 months it'll be over.
>>
>>9924534
Does anyone have the pic of the Virgin Suicide vs the Chad Seppuku ?

I think OP needs to see it.
>>
>>9925550
>Believe it or not but you're not being graded on your ideology
Sure, pal
>>
File: friendly_rabbit_winking.png (88KB, 473x434px) Image search: [Google]
friendly_rabbit_winking.png
88KB, 473x434px
>>9925550
>you're not being graded on your ideology
>>
>>9924534
I kind of want to read this but know that I never will. The theories of high 2 digit IQ people always interested me.
>>
>>9924679
>STEM has the ideology of positivism and scientism or induction, which is philosophically retarded.
>>
>>9925568
>>9925575
Neck yourselves
>>
>>9925632
Try to refute me in logical, reasonable debate, f*gg*t
>>
>>9925643
>fite me 1v1 irl faget
>>
>>9924534
>I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA
You daft lemming. I hope your parents are content wasting money.
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (109KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
109KB, 492x600px
>>9925640
>>
File: landwhaleexecutionMAGAKEK.png (255KB, 764x400px) Image search: [Google]
landwhaleexecutionMAGAKEK.png
255KB, 764x400px
>>9924534
take this to /pol/...i'm sure they'll give you plenty of great ideas.

also, don't be fancy about it, just kys.
>>
>>9924534
Guys.

If you wnat to raise your GPA study Mathematics.

I am NOT memeing you. Mathematics has no labs, no class discussions, usually no practices with required attendances. Mathematics exams are predictable, everyone with an average IQ can study for them and there is no excuse to not get top marks. You'll have to be a bit more shrewd for your Bachelor thesis but apart from this Mathematics is a degree that can be finished with top marks if you put predictable effort into it. Bonus points: it might actually have economic (job finding) uses and opens many doors in postgraduate study.

I continued with medicine.
>>
File: 5432543254325.jpg (27KB, 342x418px) Image search: [Google]
5432543254325.jpg
27KB, 342x418px
>>9925550
>>
File: llu3put3iuez.png (271KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
llu3put3iuez.png
271KB, 1000x600px
You know which path to take OP
>>
>>9925550
>white people have historically oppressed black people
White people ended slavery. Tell me of one people that didn't enslave. Additionally Jews aren't even whites.

Ending slavery was a mistake, of course, but you should still kiss our feet for allowing the black man-apes to live. No other rational society would have done that. Imagine for a second what the Chinese would have done if they went to Africa. Hell, black themselves would have eradicated each others by now, if the whites didn't save them from their disease ridden continent with medicine, blue helmets and food every single day.
>>
File: eugenides01_body.jpg (54KB, 548x573px) Image search: [Google]
eugenides01_body.jpg
54KB, 548x573px
>>9925730
>Virgin Suicide
>>
>>9924732
This

>>9924889
>>9924895
Denial will only make it more painful.
>>
File: My sides 4k.jpg (713KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
My sides 4k.jpg
713KB, 3840x2160px
>>9924595
9/10
>>
>>9925741
Should I get credit for ending my mass masturbation binges when I probably shouldn't have gotten that way in the first place? Should I get a medal every time I don't call a woman a cunt?
>>
>>9925550
>you can argue for anything as long as it's sound
Does that mean you actually cannot argue for anything? And could that perhaps mean that a reasonable person perhaps would not like spewing pseudo-intellectual gibberish on the topic of skin colour?
>>
So this happened last night:
>A 225-year-old monument to Christopher Columbus was damaged by a vandal who took a sledge hammer to the obelisk in Baltimore.
>believed to be the first one erected to the Italian explorer in America
>A video posted to YouTube on Monday by a user named “Popular Resistance” shows a man striking the base of the monument near Herring Run Park repeatedly with a sledgehammer. Another person holds a sign that reads: “Racism, tear it down.” Another sign is taped to the monument reading: “The future is racial and economic justice.”

We're past the point where banal anti-racist rhetoric is useful. This has nothing to do with race, this is just a street fight between the cultural barbarians who find pleasure in raping our history, and sensible people. Don't placate your teachers OP; every time a student writes a paper agreeing with these sentiments, all it does is increase the atmospheric levels of anti-Western sentiment. Don't be a fucking coward. Fight back, even if you get a failing grade.
>>
>>9925718
Tell me more anon, I'm (re)starting college this year and don't want to fall for the wrong stem meme.
>>
>>9925397
kys yourself, bitch
>>
>>9925795
You should adjust your fedora and actually take a class sometime. Not even a race studies type class, just like basic comp 1.
>>
Why do you all feel the need to have /pol/ discussions on /lit/?
>>
>>9925397
In other words, it's the job of college courses to sow instability and cultural insecurity? If there isn't a single hegemonic aspect of one's culture, then all you have is a nation of 300 million atomized individuals who share nothing in common.
>>
>>9925849
Politics permeates everything now. Since God and religion died in the West, people have been actively searching for alternative sources of meaning, whether it be political or tribal. So you can't talk about literature now without talking about politics, just like you can't talk about medieval literature without talking about The Church.
>>
>>9925550

>im content living a life filled with resentment towards historical events I was not personally involved. My inability to succeed and derive satisfaction in life is due to my race and my people's history as oppose to my own intellectual and spiritual shortcomings. There is no me. Only a series of historical events that make up what I call my life. Im black and nothing else. The people who perpetuated the slavery of my people 150 years ago are also responsible for my current feeling of dissatisfaction with myself. I have no identity beyond my cultural ties. Im am nothing, therefore you own me everything.

Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented. It's genuis frankly.
>>
File: capitalism.jpg (166KB, 1123x517px) Image search: [Google]
capitalism.jpg
166KB, 1123x517px
>>9925916
>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented.
Whether or not they invented it, they do clearly capitalize on it.
>>
>>9925849
Because fifty years ago a sullen bunch of kikes, self-hating whites and assorted mystery meats decided to transform the study of literature into a venue for complaining about their imaginary problems

Why are their /pol/ discussions on /lit/? You should be asking why in 1967 the NYRB was singing the praises of a book written by a convicted rapist that sincerely argued the black rape of white women was an understandable response to racism. You should be asking why an illiterate like Junot Diaz is teaching at a school he is too dumb to study at. You should be asking why a dimestore magical realist like Toni Morrison was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. You should be asking why a half-baked racist polemic like Between the World and Me was awarded a National Book Award. You should be asking why 90+% of the humanities faculty at any given Western university is overwhelmingly leftist and why it wasn't fifty years ago. You should be asking why every single literary institution in the Western world uses their prestige and financial power to prop up leftist causes
>>
>>9925916
>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented
How fucking dumb and deluded does a person have to be to not realize that capitalism is the single greatest promoter of progressive politics in the history of the planet
>>
>>9925643

You're only 15 or so and have already had your mind so completely warped by the simulated reality of the internet that you really, truly believe that SCIENCE(!!!) is this monolithic enterprise or empire committed to a single set of ethical and metaphysical suppositions that just so happens to be exactly what the memetic fuckery of this loom-enthusiasts listserv says it is.

Sweetie! No...
>>
>>9925718

What? No, majoring in Math is like majoring in English, or going 'pre-Law' or whatever. Specialize in your Master's or Doctorate, don't constrain yourself before your career even starts.
>>
>>9925669
I get federal financial aid. I hope you're content with me wasting your money.
>>
>>9924709
> Social "science" (put economics, sociology, and psychology here along with the usual suspects) takes the veneer and superficial methodology of real science to put forth unfalsifiable, therefore unscientific, claims into the world.
>>The contention that the social sciences, such as economics and sociology, are only properly sciences when they abide by the somewhat stricter interpretation of scientific method used by the natural sciences, and that otherwise they are not truly sciences.
were you trying to disprove the idea that you aren't scientist?
>>
>>9925894
>Tripfag say's stupid shit
no way

Don't expect anyone to be impressed by such a basic and intuitive interpretation. That point has been discussed a whole lot
>>
File: e20.png (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75KB, 600x600px
>>9925916
>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented
>tool Capitalists have invented
Imagine actually thinking like this
>>
>>9925973
Unironically really made me think
>>
>>9925868
What a stupid fucking post
>>
>>9925894
>Politics permeates everything now.
>Now.

Even when there was a church, there were politics within the organization and without. Politics doesn't permeate everything NOW, it's an inherent part of life if you live in any kind of society. Politics have always been a part of life and have always been a popular theme in literature.
>>
>>9926189
This is the fucking problem with the humanities right here. Because something is banal and has already been articulated a thousand times before, it's not worth repeating now even if the majority of people still can't get it through their skulls. It's an aesthetic approach to political debate: this interpretation has become a cliche, so let's stop employing it in our work and instead come up with a more creative and unintuitive heuristic approach because it would be more interesting.

You guys treat this shit like it's a game.
>>
>>9926199
Fuck off, it's true. All poststructuralism does is make people more atomized by destroying all of the traditional bases for culture.
>>
>>9925916
dude, intersectionality =/= idpol.

>The people who perpetuated the slavery of my people 150 years ago are also responsible for my current feeling of dissatisfaction with myself.
53 years ago black people were getting blasted with firehoses for wanting to use the same water fountain as your shitty grandparents. That GI bill that helped kickstart the american dream in thousands of white suburbs wasn't available to black people. Taking a knife out of someones side doesn't stop the bleeding immediately, bud.

>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented.
This is literally a leftist POV. I'm very confused by your posting friend.
>>
>>9926245
a lot of genuine marxists are anti-intersectionality (which literally focuses on the overlap of identity and oppression, so it makes no sense to call that not idpol)
>>
>>9925806
You're just as retarded as the people busting the monuments in the first place.
>>
File: PepeOps.png (415KB, 596x433px) Image search: [Google]
PepeOps.png
415KB, 596x433px
>>9925806
>>
>>9926207
The difference now is that the once-segregated and compartmentalized private life has become increasingly political. Sex, marriage, gender roles, friendships, community events now operate under the weight of politics in ways that they didn't a century ago. And this clearly comes from the fact that political struggle replaced religion as a source of meaning for a lot of people. Many thinkers much smarter than I am have already pointed this out.

>>9926262
"You're just as bad as they are" is the rallying cry of the radically indecisive and cowardly. Yeah bro, wanting OP to write a paper explaining why you shouldn't rape our cultural monuments make me just as bad as the vandals who do the raping.
>>
>>9926262
Stop this centrist meme. The world would be a much better place if those guys who are ruining statues were shitposting instead.
>>
>>9925973
is it the jews, m8?
>>
Present the white side the book is trying to dismiss

80% of IQ is determined by genes
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n1/full/mp2014105a.html?foxtrotcallback=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0

Then present the book's narrative on that. Might redpill the bitch

>not a woman

Still a bitch
>>
>>9926227
I was just trying to insult you because I thought you might take some pride in demonstrating that point. It's a reflex when people post such fundamental theories without really building on it or providing a new interpretation, doesn't help that it's been memed hard by peterson so it's hard to disassociate it from newfags
>>
>>9926259
idpol is tendency to create disparate political beliefs based on differences of class, race, religion, ect.

Intersectionality is an attempt to understand how class, race, religion, geographic location, and gender all affect and play off of each other.

>a lot of genuine marxists are anti-intersectionality
I'm aware of this and that's mostly because they believe class to be the great equalizer. I think you could shake that belief by simply looking at the lives, roles, and legislation that affected working whites vs working blacks or working women vs working men throughout the 20th century.
>>
File: white-america-1-e1448033371744.jpg (78KB, 900x346px) Image search: [Google]
white-america-1-e1448033371744.jpg
78KB, 900x346px
>>9926245
>53 years ago black people were getting blasted with firehoses for wanting to use the same water fountain as your shitty grandparents
Wish we could turn back time
To the good ole daaays
>>
>>9924534
>I took a Chicano Studies
You deserve it
>>
>>9926277
>Many thinkers much smarter than I am have already pointed this out.
Could you link some? This POV sounds interesting and I'd like to see it fleshed out more, because I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. Probably because short posts on an anime board aren't the best medium for communicating complex shit like this.

So yeah could you shoot me the people that you've read on the subject so i can understand where you're coming from here?
>>
>>9926310
>>9926302
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n1/full/mp2014105a.html?foxtrotcallback=true
>>
>>9926320
70% of cars in the world are shades of grey (white, black , silver, ect).
>>
>>9926302
I seriously think that a major problem in the humanities is the respect people have for novel ideas per se. Dialectics until the end of time, because if anything is ever settled then how would people with PhDs in philosophy spend their time?
>>
>>9926356
>he thinks race is purely skin color
>>
>>9926356
Now you can't claim ignorance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0
>>
There is an information war and liberals are manipulating public opinion to think they are the most scientific and most moral.

They aren't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wadEuuRc_Zw
>>
>>9924590
Piece of shit never read real social sciences.
>>
>>9926397
>>
>>9926428
You can't just keep spamming a random scientific journal and expect us to understand your point. You're just stating what the article says. What are you trying to support by posting it?
>>
>>9925809
no labs in comp sci either and you dont have to take math beyond calc II
>>
>>9926439
That races are different. I have a lot of points I'd like to touch with people who already understand this but I can't because the media and everyone wants to be woefully ignorant of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAoNhacojmM
>>
File: erdos.jpg (43KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
erdos.jpg
43KB, 800x480px
>>9924590
> tfw study Mathematics
> tfw any job I want 300k starting salary
>>
>>9924534
My advice, take a real major at a real university
>>
>>9926310
>>9926356
>50-80% of IQ is determined by genes
>those who descend from sub-saharan africa are among the lowest IQ races of the world
>IQ is by no means a perfect way of measuring intelligence, but it certainly influences socioeconomic mobility (ability to advance in the workplace, make good decisions with money, and so on)
>black americans will never be able to do as well in capitalism as white americans because of this
>there may be contemporary racial discrimination to some extent, but surely these significant disparities in IQ have more significantly influenced the low socioeconomic status of blacks in the US (see rushton & jensen's work for an analysis of this interplay)
>by simply looking at the lives, roles, and legislation that affected working whites vs working blacks is only part of the picture
what about this do you disagree with? and intersectionalism isn't ridiculous in the historical sense, but contemporary applications feel much more useless. do you feel that women and minorities are significantly discriminated against in contemporary life? that sexual discrimination has caused the VAST over representation of men of high caliber over women in almost any field. or that racial discrimination has caused all the ~problems~ of african americans?
>>9926428
you should really back up your argument with more than one sentence my man. i wouldn't flaunt research like that while being so thick in the head.
i think someone could generally agree about it being a hugbox for women and minorities and not a very rigourous field at all, but still appreciate the validity and utility of the academic fields themselves. even if most of the people within them are pseuds.
>>
>>9926317
People have an inherent propensity to invest things with meaning as evidenced by the ubiquity of religious practices throughout almost all of human history. A lot of evolutionary psychologists argue that this is an evolved trait that aided survival. Their thesis is that if you were a primordial man wandering the savannah and you heard a rustling sound in some bushes, you could have one of two responses: either it was just a rustling sound in some random bushes that foretold nothing (which if false, lead to you being removed from the gene pool), or it was a snake hiding and you should escape as quickly as possible (which if false, lead to just some wasted energy). So our evolutionary history imbued the world with meaning for us both as motivation for survival and propagation, but also as a mechanism for avoiding possible dangers even if it lead to false positives.

So if people have an inherent need to view the world through the prism of possible dangers (and more so women, who are physically weaker and also have to ensure their children's survival), then that would inevitably lead to the hysteria we're seeing now. And if we as human beings have an inherent physiological need for communal practices that imbue icons with symbolic meaning, then that need would inevitably be replaced by debates like which Civil War statues are sacred and which are profane.

There's also a communal trust aspect to religion that flat-out necessitates a political replacement:
>Religion, Fukuyama argues, arises from the innate human propensity to follow rules and to invest those rules with powerful emotional significance. As a consequence, individuals can anticipate the moral behavior of unknown members of their faith community. It was thus that religion made possible the transition of human society from family bands, in which cooperation is based on personal knowledge of every community member, to larger groups where the good faith of others must usually be taken on trust.

Numerous psychologists and philosophers have been saying since Nietzsche declared the death of God that secular replacements are inevitable. Some even go as far as to say that Nazism, communism, racial identitarianism, etc. were all systems people oriented themselves around after the religion-shaped nihilistic hole Christianity's decline left behind. Dostoevsky is the best chronicler of that process.

This could all be nonsense (i'm not a philosopher, sociologist, psychologist, or theologian), but I think there are important elements of truth to what i'm saying even if i'm not well-versed enough in various disciplines to work out the details.
>>
>>9926491
I'm a geohydrology major.
>>
>>9926598

Remove your trip or gtfo.

reported btw. well report all posts with your trip
>>
>>9926480

yeah...no.
>>
>>9926624
I use a trip to allow people like you to filter my posts. You're welcome.
>>
>>9926505
I'm >>9926428
I have no clue what you're arguing for because, as you said, I said one sentence. I didn't participate in the hugbox debate. Nobody will engage me if I provide more than a sentence and they will try and simply analyse the debate and not learn anything. Leftists are mostly analytical philosophers by tradition, they don't care about the whole picture, just about looking post modernist enough.
>>
>>9925747
Not really. The US cannot really collapse, it can only become something more pathological, which will be even worse for the inferior states they abuse.
>>
>>9926505
>50-80% of intelligence is determined by genes
No. It's HERITABILITY is determined by the genes of parents. Look up what that word means, it's not what most people think it means. It has to do with variation not actual probability of gene inheritance. http://geniusblog.davidshenk.com/2009/06/a-heritable-muddle.html
This article clears this up.

>IQ is by no means a perfect way of measuring intelligence, but it certainly influences socioeconomic mobility (ability to advance in the workplace, make good decisions with money, and so on)
IQ can change. It's accepted to have a cultural bias because it was developed by one culture and different cultures value different skills. It wasn't developed in a vacuum. It has known biases and has been shown not to do a very good job of testing for actual raw intellectual ability. Check out the Flynn effect. Black/White IQ test gaps are closing and the test scores on the whole are rising. Are everyone's genes getting better? Is everyone getting smarter all of the sudden? No, education starts earlier, parents are better equipped to raise children, ect.

>IQ isn't a test of raw intelligence, which again isn't 80% determined by genes.
>Blacks have lower IQ scores.
>IQ correlates to social mobility.
>As quality of life and standard education has improved as a whole, so have test scores
So with the genetic argument disproven, do you think it might be possible that as educational opportunities for blacks have gotten better, it's made parents of black children smarter and more capable to raise kids smarter than them? Which would imply that black american's low IQ scores were a result of their historic lack of opportunity, recently remedied an continuing to get better.
>>
>>9926738
>IQ can change
the flynn effect is also very limited. it typically changes from ~70 to ~85 when sub-saharan africans are given proper living conditions. this is because of a better access to material resources and education, but it doesn't modify the underlying question of heritability (thank you for correcting me on the terminology). there clearly comes a point when the progression ends and significant differences between races exist, as is evident by the studies of IQ disparities for people of different races at the same income levels, studies of first and second generation immigrants to economically developed countries like denmark, and nearly every trans-racial adoption study that has occurred. Not to mention the absolute failure of affirmative action (at least as far as 'racial leveling' goes) in US universities. ones to the contrary are almost always comically flawed. would you at least concede to say that the flynn effect will not result in the IQ leveling of a room full of, say, half Japanese and half Congolese children with the same quality of life and education?
>cultural bias
are you seriously going to argue this point? IQ is only culturally imbued in that it was developed by a specific culture. IQ is not measure 'how to succeed in a western culture' so much as it measures actual cognitive capacities. There's a significant difference between measuring someone's reaction time and their ability to carry out 'western' tasks. also, larger average brain sizes for a race = higher average intelligence of that race with few exceptions.
and if it's so culturally biased why do you think that east asians outperform the culture that developed the test?
>do you think it might be possible that as educational opportunities for blacks have gotten better, it's made parents of black children smarter and more capable to raise kids smarter than them?
yes, that is the flynn effect. but the progression ends and races have very different underlying intellectual capacities. just like they have physical differences.

see "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability" by rushton and jensen for the specific studies.
>>
>>9926971
The Flynn effect doesn't change the IQ disparities between races, all it states is that we have a higher IQ in absolute terms. That includes blacks and whites
>>
>>9926974
but then why do you claim that the genetic argument has been disproved if the flynn effect leaves significant IQ disparities between races? haven't the genetic influences on these numbers been distinguished from the environmental ones?
>black american's low IQ scores were a result of their historic lack of opportunity, recently remedied and continuing to get better.
underlying racial disparities in IQ have been much more influential on these IQ scores than the class differences between blacks and whites since explicit racial discrimination ended around the 1960s.
>>
>>9927071
I didn't claim anything. I'm not the guy you were arguing with. I was just clarifying one of your points
>>
>>9926971
The only reason why american niggers have 15 points higher iq is because they are mixed race. Every 30% yas queen mullato with an afro is counted as black
>>
There are a ton of great suggestions in this thread OP. Write something satirical, make wild claims like then give a polarizing source (like the Rosenberg one below) or drive them mad: talk about "historical views whites hold towards blacks" then quote Che Guevara or Karl Marx and their views on blacks.

Point is, just have fun with it. But make it so that you throw what they're throwing at you back at them.
>>
>>9924986

I should have said SOME arts courses. It's a very diverse faculty. Unfortunately you can't edit posts on 4chan like you can on that website you come from :^)
>>
>>9926173
Social sciences - where <.05 is a guarantor of truth.
>>
I started reading it. Posting the best quotes.

>“The truth is, white rage has undermined democracy, warped the Constitution, weakened the nation’s ability to compete economically, squandered billions of dollars on baseless incarceration, rendered an entire region sick, poor and woefully undereducated, and left cities nothing less than decimated. All this havoc has been wreaked simply because African Americans wanted work, get an education, live in decent communities, raise their families, and vote. Because they were unwilling to take no for an answer.”

Those poor AAs. Breally makes you think.
>>
>>9924922
Wrong actually, STEMshit is purely bullshit, as is 'classical studies' (being a colonized niggerbastard) and what passes for philosophy now (normativism and anal autism)
>>
>>9924922
Lmao sociology
>>
>>9924568
This.
>>
>>9926189
>Don't expect anyone to be impressed
He wasn't looking for compliments, he was just trying to contribute to the discussion. Whether his contribution was already well-understood by you is a complete non-issue
>>
>>9924675
It's not useless, because the labyrinth created by man is non less intricated than that of the Universe
>>
>>9924652
this. actually try to engage with the text and formulate real arguments as to why you disagree.
>>
>>9927964
>white rage has undermined democracy, warped the Constitution
The US Constitution was written by slaveowners lmao, I despise this liberal "racism is an affront to American values" nonsense. This country was built on the back of white supremacy and it permeates every aspect of our culture.
>>
File: 1460478942182.jpg (48KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1460478942182.jpg
48KB, 500x333px
>Chicano Studies

Holy shit my sides

Enjoy unemployment.
>>
File: David.jpg (94KB, 679x768px) Image search: [Google]
David.jpg
94KB, 679x768px
>>9925806
>cultural barbarians who find pleasure in raping our history

Whose history? Genocidal Italians? I don't really have a dog in this greaseball race.
>>
Have a grievous cultural misunderstanding. Assume that the text is about the US practice of dividing children into dye vats at birth and that the world is naturally Hmong. Describe the reeducation centres of both US experimental races with the Fordist techniques from BNW. Explain that this has all resulted from a misreading of Shakespeare, who is well understood by the Hmong, and that once the air spirit is run out that everything will a-okay and the enlightenment will revert to the drawing board like it should have when it listed oxygen as a metal.

Though pick someone other than the Hmong because there's a lot of them in the US.
>>
File: 1498661051513.png (335KB, 465x587px) Image search: [Google]
1498661051513.png
335KB, 465x587px
>>9925397

I don't understand, how could the majority not have hegemony in a democratic country with universal suffrage? If you don't like white culture, why the fuck would you move to a majority white country?
>>
>>9928528
Do you honestly not see how the US has fucked the rest of America big time, unstabilizing economies left and right? People need money to live, the US has money, Latin America doesn't, they go where the money goes.
>>
>>9928382

t. same person
>>
>>9928529

South America was poor and backward centuries ago, I doubt their current poverty has that much to do with the US. Be that as it may, if Mexicans want to move to the US to find work, they are going to have to accept some compromises. Life in the US won't be 100% the same as in Mexico.

If I moved to Mexico I would have to learn to speak Spanish and adjust to Mexican culture, so I don't really see what the problem is with expecting Mexicans to do the same.
>>
>>9928539
>South America was poor and backward centuries ago
Do they really not teach Americans history? I thought they just taught 1492 on but this post seems to indicate everything up to the 1980s disappeared too.
>>
>>9924675
STEMshit is purely ideological. 'use' is a meme.
>>9924709
Science is unscientific, then.
>>
>>9928539
>South America was poor and backward centuries ago,

Why even bother spouting this nonsense?
>>
File: 1491785632672.png (1MB, 2994x1898px) Image search: [Google]
1491785632672.png
1MB, 2994x1898px
>>9928546
>>9928562

I mean you couldn't even pay your debts to France, so you got occupied by them. . .that isn't one of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Countries.

The thing is that countries with white protestant populations are always better off economically, because WASPs value literacy (to read the Bible) and industriousness. Countries with Catholic layabout cultures tend to be poor. Spain and Portugal are some of the poorest countries in Europe, and guess who was responsible for colonizing South America.
>>
>>9928571
>Spain conquers half of the Americas and rules for hundreds of years
>America tries to invade Grenada
>needs to call for reinforcements second day
America's had to stage so many coups there because they're rich arable countries which produce cash crops from bananas to coffee and livestock ranging from future hamburger meat to finest vicuna coats and would outcompete the US easily if they nationalized US interests like they threatened to for a lot of the 20th Century.
>>
>>9928432
What use does it have, it exists to provide self-worth and a playground for language games. It it useless.
>>
>>9925730
>Ouch!
>>
>>9928592

If all you have is agriculture and resource extraction you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>9925397
you want me to tell you how I know you're a woman?
>>
>>9927964
>and left cities nothing less than decimated
10% off isn't even a good sale.
>>
>>9928521
>reading comprehension
>>
>>9929208

heh
>>
File: IMG_2806.gif (1MB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2806.gif
1MB, 250x200px
>>9925543
Don't forget "privilege" and "systemic"
>>
>>9925806
Columbus didn't even go to the USA! Why the fuck does he have a statue
>>
>>9927964
Just lie. Millenials dont read realy, so just put the shows of a sjw and write bullshit they will like. Works every time.
>>
>>9927964
>simply because African Americans wanted work, get an education
Is this quote accurate? Bitch is illiterate and blaming white people. We'll literally pay you to go to school because your own community has a bad habit of mocking you for it.
>>
>>9929805
They'll also pay you to stay home. It's difficult for American blacks to not have their entire living subsidized. The high 2 digit IQ ones (95+, not very uncommon with enough admixture) can really game the system.
>>
>>9924679

Can someone explain to me what positivism is
>>
>>9924534
>Write a rap about it.
>bust sjw rhyme
>dean's list
Strayfromthepath/10
>>
>>9930152
>a philosophical system that holds that every rationally justifiable assertion can be scientifically verified or is capable of logical or mathematical proof, and that therefore rejects metaphysics and theism.
>>
>>9926598
Interesting
>>
>>9929970

What did Sowell say? That this is for the "clerks, not the coolies" or something like that.
>>
>>9925948
>There is no place for racism, sexism, or homophobia at Halliburton or anywhere in America
>*guns down fifteen iraqi civilians in a Baghdad square for kicks*
>>
>>9924922
>TFW Economics is a social sciences but never gets called out on it because of MATH and the most male of the Social Sciences.
>TFW when you across the board have exceptional scores on all forms of standardized testing.
>>
>>9925550
As if we are supposed to be ashamed we are genetically predisposed toward dominating others. It is so strange you people wan't us to feel bad about being great. #nicetryatrevivingoriginalsin

>WE WUZ AKTULLY KANG$
>>
File: 841289347129-37.png (24KB, 172x188px) Image search: [Google]
841289347129-37.png
24KB, 172x188px
>>9925438
>>
>>9928525
All races are genocidal
>>
>>9928852
>everyone else had a dustbowl in the 1930s right guys?
no
>>
>>9930825
I didn't know that Sowell can speak jive.
>>
>>9929781
Because he connected the Earth's western hemisphere to its eastern hemisphere, which eventually lead to the English colonization of the United States. He's a pretty vital figure in the history of our continent. We call it District of Columbia for a reason.
>>
>>9924534
>I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA
This is shitposting, r-right? Why are you people pretending op is serious?
>>
>>9931034
>everyone else is unaffected by the consequences of famine right guys?
no

ur a dip
>>
>>9931705
>the dustbowl just happened farming practices don't mean anything
this is how we got pellagra and bangladesh too, thanks US
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.