[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>As early as 2011, the phrase “Wallace backlash” was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>As early as 2011, the phrase “Wallace backlash” was being employed in online publications (Giardina 2011, Warnica 2011) in response to articles criticising Wallace’s writing and literary influence that had begun to appear in mainstream outlets including Prospect Magazine and The New York Times (Dyer 2011, Newton 2011). In the wave of responses that followed the release of the biographical film The End of the Tour in 2015, some commentators turned their ire on the “Wallace Industry” for an alleged hijacking of Wallace’s reception and public image (Shechtman 2015, Lorentzen 2015). More recently still, these two themes have sometimes combined in feminist commentary that connects the perceived maleness of Wallace’s writing with the makeup of his readership and his place within a broader patriarchal culture

https://pynchon.net/articles/10.16995/orbit.224/
>>
File: azdfw.png (1MB, 1042x978px) Image search: [Google]
azdfw.png
1MB, 1042x978px
I went to have dinner with my parents the other day and my dad told me DFW was a faggot. I didn't know what to say.
>>
>>9924093

"and butt so?"
>>
>Trump image
>DFW and feminist critique
>link to a Pynchon.net that my browser says is trying to steal my credit card information

where's Stirner?
>>
>>9924101
Now that you mention it I kind of want to screencap the OP and title the image "lit.jpg". Or maybe I'd save it as a PNG file for maximum effect.
>>
>>9924086
too late, wallace is already part of the canon. sorry bloggos, the actual readers have spoken
>>
Where's Wallace??? Where's Wallace at? Sting? Where's Wallace? Yo Sting where Wallace at ??
>>
>>9924093

Don't worry, one time I had dinner with my dad and all my family and my dad suddenly realized his entire family had been blatantly and callously lying to his face about something he'd devoted a huge chunk of his life to for years on end. I think he shorted a fuse, he was simultaneously so angry and confused. Talk about awkward, the next time the family got together they purposefully arranged so he would be on the tail-end of the visits because they were ashamed of themselves.
>>
>>9924188

>they purposefully arranged so he would be on the tail-end of the visits because they were ashamed of themselves.

ouch, that is some embarrassing shit
>>
>>9924188
W-what was it anon?
>>
>>9924195

He essentially realized that they had rewarded his loyalty and devotion to them by selling him down the river to someone who didn't like him (selling his secrets) because they made a very high bid. I knew about it but I could never tell him because he was, ironically, so fiercely loyal to them that he'd never believe me.
>>
>>9924199

Wow that's rough man. What did he do after dinner?
>>
>>9924211

I honestly could not tell you what was going through his mind after that veil was lifted. All I could tell you was that he was absolutely disgusted with every single person he had known and loved. I saw the look in their eyes- they were devastated. Ashamed, bereft, and brought low by his glare. A terrible, terrible situation. Of course I had nothing to do with hiding anything from him, the first thing I did was tell him how many times I tried to hint at it, and he looked like a thousand hints had suddenly dawned on him.
>>
>>9924171
Shut up D
>>
>>9924188
fucked up if true
>>
Add more descriptors to these people. And don't pretend you've got so much distance. It makes you too much of an unreliable narrator. By go on....
>>
>>9924217
jesus. turn this into a short story already. I'd kill for material like this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.