[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are you intellectually, /lit/? Also, conspiracy literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: alex-jones-image-2.jpg (73KB, 694x377px) Image search: [Google]
alex-jones-image-2.jpg
73KB, 694x377px
Who are you intellectually, /lit/?

Also, conspiracy literature thread.
>>
>>9922914
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>9923136
Who, me? Or Alex?
>>
>>9922914
Anyone got books like Confessions of a Economic Hitman, except actually good? The topic is interesting, but in this case the author I have a strong feeling exaggerated the majority of what he did to fill his book with a sense of outrage. Doesn't help he runs several non-profits founded by himself, which are vaguely suspicious.

In general just post economics related conspiracy literature.
>>
>>9923500
there was another thread on /lit/ talking about a book Kissinger wrote, talking about annexing countries.
>>
File: paranoia.png (2MB, 1096x1338px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia.png
2MB, 1096x1338px
>>9922914
>conspiracy literature thread
I made this recently. It was originally "conspiracy theory core" but I couldn't think of enough non-Dan-Brown-tier works, so I changed it to paranoia core. I've since received a few recs which I'll add to it one day.
>>
>>9923610
Had a look at it earlier. Topic is interesting but considering several anon's decided to speak in Portuguese instead of English some of the conversation was lost.
>>
>>9923626
You're onto something but you're muddling it all up. There are distinct aesthetic differences in the reductive paranoias of guilt and persecution ala Dostoyevsky/Poe and the creative paranoias of Pynchon's, Eco's, and Robert Anton Wilson's fictions.

Meanwhile Kafka is doing something different altogether. The Trial is only really paranoid if you're in ENGL 101 and you're trying to write a paper on satire.
>>
>>9923626
Robert Anton Wilson is pure fucking garbage. I know this kind of dismissal gets thrown around a lot on /lit/ but Illuminatus Trilogy is trash. Take it off the chart. You're comparing great works of literature with a steaming pile of shit.
>>
File: red-pill.png (249KB, 512x475px) Image search: [Google]
red-pill.png
249KB, 512x475px
>>9923679
Take the Green Pill.
>>
File: john-zerzan.jpg (141KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
john-zerzan.jpg
141KB, 640x425px
>>9923690
This.
>>
>>9923665
>There are distinct aesthetic differences in the reductive paranoias of guilt and persecution ala Dostoyevsky/Poe and the creative paranoias of Pynchon's, Eco's, and Robert Anton Wilson's fictions
I can kinda see what you're saying. Which of those two would you rather see in a Paranoia-Core chart?
>The Trial
I think you're correct, but keep in mind this was originally a conspiracy theory chart that I just merged with some paranoia books. C&P, for example, would not have made it into the conspiracy theory version of the chart. The Trial made it into the conspiracy version of the chart because I figured that the distant, unidentifiable, bureaucratic boogeyman was close enough in spirit to something like the "They" in GR to be included. But I could be wrong.
>>9923679
I've actually never read the Illiminatus Trilogy; I included it on the strength of two different recommendations. Is there anything you'd like to see it replaced with? One anon recommended Hunger by Knut Hamsun to me, which I've never read (and thus a bit hesitant to include) but may end up in the final iteration of this chart.
>>
>>9923705
>so anarcho-primitivist he takes selfies and posts them online
>>
>>9923722
>lel!! apple marxists!!
This will never be a good critique.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.