[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There's a limitless volume of information out there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1500086025137.jpg (5KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1500086025137.jpg
5KB, 250x242px
>There's a limitless volume of information out there waiting to be absorbed, and here you are reading genre fiction.
>>
>>9921889
Those who read fiction are unable to face the brutal reality so they choose the reality simulator "lite mode" which prevents them to be killed or injured. Once taken the veil off, one proceeds to find an ideology which describes the laws of the world the most accurately.
>>
File: NickLandPickle.jpg (71KB, 1190x670px) Image search: [Google]
NickLandPickle.jpg
71KB, 1190x670px
>>9921889
OH SHIT RICK I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PUPPET RICK!
HAH WOW MORTY THAT'S ACTUALLY KINDA *BURPS* COOL *HICCUPS*
NO RICK I THINK I'M FREAKING OUT
HAHA WELCOME TO THE PUPPET SHOW KID
>>
File: IMG_2263.jpg (224KB, 562x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2263.jpg
224KB, 562x1024px
It is I, Lao Tzu, here to empart my divine wisdom on your dumb ass

In the pursuit of knowledge:
everyday something is added.
In the pursuit of enlightenment:
everyday something is dropped.
>>
>>9921889
>There's a limitless amount of tasteful media out there waiting to be watched, and here you are posting Rick and Morty
>>
>>9921944
>It is I, Lao Tzu, here to empart my divine wisdom on your dumb ass
i actually laughed
>>
>>9921889
I'm trying to absorb information about genres
>>
But if there's a limitless volume of information then its clear you can never learn everything. Why shouldn't you comfort yourself within the confines of fiction while you wait your inevitable death?
>>
File: cashleygoal.jpg (15KB, 326x400px) Image search: [Google]
cashleygoal.jpg
15KB, 326x400px
>>9921889

>tfw everything I need to absorb is available right there either in my daily life or on social media and I just read genre-fiction for funsies
>>
>>9921945
>>
>>9922064
>all of your friends on social media are philosophers and pundits and historians
I wish I was you
>>
>>9921889
>trying to decide what to read
>enjoyable tales of imaginary worlds and brilliantly crafted characters
>autist from hundreds of years ago wanking himself off in a dense volume of theory with no practical application whatsoever

I wasted years of almost constant reading in my free time on philosophy. I'll never get that time back.
>>
>>9921889
Brian Aldiss died this weekend, so OP can throw himself down a forty-foot canvas tube lined with fish-hooks.
>>
>>9922067
>People will fall for this
>>
good thread
>>
>>9921944
>In the pursuit of enlightenment:
>everyday something is dropped.

Dang, this is actually kind of deep. Like, I'm not even joking.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.