[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>haven't read a book in 2 months because I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1495888078259.jpg (241KB, 659x772px) Image search: [Google]
1495888078259.jpg
241KB, 659x772px
>haven't read a book in 2 months because I've been too busy studying and doing uni work for my (((ST*M))) course

do engineering they said you'll get a job they said literature is a waste of time they said
>>
heh u think reading is hard while your in school, wait until you actually are working!

t. Electrical engineer
>>
>>9920114
You're gonna die anyway so reading or not doesn't matter much. Savor the few books you can read... after all you did choose utility over erudition. We need you anon, never forget that
>>
>>9920114
Change majors if you can. If not then perhaps try getting into grad school for something that is more meaningful to you than the STEM meme.
>>
File: 1491814706414.jpg (61KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491814706414.jpg
61KB, 406x480px
>got a BA in Literature
>was preparing for grad school
>had 4 letters of recc from my most respected profs
>focus on humanist/renaissance culture and American Renaissance with special interest in Spanish-language literatures
>decide to blow off studies and "live" for a year or two
>travel through the US, Canada and Mexico, picking up odd jobs along the way whenever cash was low
>3 years later, beaten down, worn out, want nothing more than to go back to school and live the academic life

Some of my professors were actual revolutionaries, were hunted down by death squads, pledged their lives to Russia and China, lived bohemian lifestyles during the 60's and 70's, are world-renowned poets, scholars, lecturers, etc. I haven't lived much, but I can say I've wasted a good chunk of my life in deciding whether or not to go back to school.
>>
>>9920760
That's why I'm trying to get into another program soon. I'm afraid I'll get lost if I take even a gap year.
>>
>>9920760
Who are these professors of yours that are so amazing? My are mostly boring folk.
>>
>>9920760
Who the fuck are your professors?
>>
>>9920114
Havent read anything in 4 months because nothing gives me pleasure
Haven't been studying neither. I just lay down and shitpost here and there
>>
>>9920114
If you're studying hard STEM like Physics or Math, you should be able to quickly and easily go through literature, moreso than actual english or lit majors, due to the very real IQ discrepanci-
>engineering
nevermind, you're hopeless
>>
>>9923412
My brother majored in engineering and even my uncle who is an engineer makes fun of him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.