[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, I'm not in humanities but this year I took a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey /lit/,

I'm not in humanities but this year I took a subject called "theories of ideology" out of vanity and now I'm running out of time to get through all the required texts, relying on classmate's notes to get the grasp.

One of the authors we deal with is Adorno and his critique of positivism. First there's his interpretation of Marx's theory of value (not labor, but the one that deals in fetishism). Adorno calls this process of valuation "real abstraction" (translation) and it seems fairly straightforward. Then he accusses the positivists of being unable to comprehend this critical insight into capitalist society due to relying only on facts. But then, there's this claim that in the same way that fetishization of goods occurs (eg. people think there's something inherent in value of things, when in reality their value only exists in relation to all other goods on the market), so is positivism (eg. focus on empirical facts) as an ideological standpoint necessarily present in the capitalist mode of production. Why is positivism capitalist or rather what is the relation between the two?

Can someone familiar with these works explain?

I could put together some bullshit myself, but would rather know the real argumentation behind it. If I get good answers I got more questions about Bourdieu, Flusser and Galloway. Tnx in advance friendos.
>>
> If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to /his/.
>>
>>9918741
If I wanted to have a conversation about "jewish cultural Marxism" I most definitely would.
>>
Bump cause Marxism and the Frankfurt school are the best things to happen to the west.
>>
>>9918721
Bite the bullet and read "Dialectic of Enlightenment" — it'll address this. Empiricism and categorization aren't necessarily capitalist in and of themselves. Empiricism oppresses the subject by reifyng language itself, so this necessitates a look at linguistics. Should've stuck with STEM, buddy :(
>>
>>9919297
I have one day left till the exam my dude, would gladly read all that and more, but right now I gotta be pragmatic and just collect the minimal understanding necessary to pass. This isn't some postgraduate galaxy-brained class either, so I don't need to be a certified critical theory expert, only need to understand the few basic concepts that were mentioned.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.