[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has he written himself into a ditch? >ridiculous time skips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: QHs2e.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
QHs2e.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
Has he written himself into a ditch?

>ridiculous time skips on the show
>taking ages to finish his book, probably because he fucked up
>admitted he fucked up time lines, wanted characters to be older, etc

The better question is, have you ever found yourself writing your story into a ditch?
>>
Who fucking cares? Are you stupid? It's like caring about the plots of Harlequin romance novels. Read a real book and kill yourself.
>>
I literally have no respect for GRRM.

Like, I imagine he just sort of lost his drive for writing the series after the show caught up and started its own "different but in-keeping with his GRRM's plan" branch. More people watch the show; even his book readers will now experience his ending as a mere alternative ending.

But it's his fucking fault for being a lazy shit. I've only just started writing my first novel, but goddamn do I know that I'm probably writing faster than GRRM has over the last decade and that, if I had a million or so fans, I would feel fucking obligated to write. Like, I'm not even a big fan of the series. GRRM just seems like a fucking asshole. His books are nicely written and have interesting plots, but it shouldn't take him since 2011 to now to write one fucking book in a series of classy pulp fantasy
>>
>>9916207
I may kill myself actually, because my IQ is in the upper range. You'd consider it too if you weren't a brainlet
>>
>>9916464
Just remember that those of the highest IQ wish to die yet understand the peace of living selflessly. Actually considering suicide is a brainlet move.
>>
>>9918172
but the most selfless act you can commit is to rid society of the need to account for you. not considering suicide is a brainlet move
>>
>>9916194
>taking ages to finish his book, probably because he fucked up
He takes ages regardless. The last two books took five and six years between installments.
>>
File: IMG_2260.jpg (104KB, 499x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2260.jpg
104KB, 499x372px
>>9918172
Check mate
>>
>>9919618
>He takes ages regardless
first three were pretty quick
>>
>>9919595
And hurting people because of your selfishness and cowardice?
>>
>>9916420

You should. I really don't think your novel has over ten pov, spaced half continent etc. You also need to count the drafts he need to coodinate everything, the editing to cut the bloat, the sync with the previous books and so on. Okay, he has the support of all the industry (both books and tv by now) but it still is a nightmare.
I'm also writing a novel (hell, who in lit does not?) and after 2 years of work I have barely finished the second draft. And it's nothing fancy, it's barelly 600k chara.

Okay he is become lazy, but come on, he is with a foot in the grave, he is famous for the first time in his life. Let some groupie who named jamal son Kalisi suck his cock in a bathroom. He deserve it.
>>
>>9923026
Like I say a lot: people are often too hard on por ol' Martin.
He may be getting lazy, but look the dude.
He is old, fat and his work is famous for the first time. Let he enjoy himself.
I am sure that hes drafts of the next books can be okay too.
Didnt Kafka's works were unfinished and are considered classics?

>"lel u making Martin - Kafka comparison?1 kys brainlet"

Yeah, I am, but not in the sense that Martin is a master piece of literature, with he isent (I am on book 4, and I like a lot ASOIAF, but even I know that he isent Tolkien level of masterpiece), but more in the sense that, even unfinished works can be appreciated. And Martins work, even if dont turn into the next LOTR, is pretty well deserving a spot in the shelfs of people who like reading and fantasy enthusis.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.