[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here listen to bookworm? His DFW interviews are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Anyone else here listen to bookworm? His DFW interviews are in the canon
https://www.kcrw.com/people/david-foster-wallace
>>
It's probably the best literature podcast out there.
>>
>>9915724
He is /our guy/
>>
File: squatman.jpg (71KB, 590x596px) Image search: [Google]
squatman.jpg
71KB, 590x596px
>>9915724
DFW's celebrity is vastly more interesting than his fiction 2bh

the incredible amount of media debris he generated--his interviews, biopics, essays (academic or otherwise), commencement speeches, syllabi and NYT articles on his life and work--is what people like to consume, not his writing, which is pedantic, deliberately boring and pretentious
>>
>>9915813
I would throw his nonfiction into the category of "media debris" that laypeople slurp up. His most effective role is that of culture critic, as opposed to fiction writer. If you read, for instance, the Illinois State Fair piece, it becomes clear that he foresaw the PC/normal white folk divide excruciatingly present rn. And the Cruise Ship essay too, is apt culture critique.
>>
>>9915813
so this is water
>>
>>9915829
Type "right now" you try hard to be casual faggot.
>>
>>9915829

More like DeLillo in philosophy phd clothes
>>
I've listened to every episode. I agree, the DFW ones are the best. It's one of the only interviews where Wallace trusted and respected the interviewer enough to open up about his work. When Silverblatt mentions the fractals and Wallace goes "I heard you were a close reader" everything changed and they started have incredibly deep conversations from there on out.
>>
>>9915724
>Friendship ended with Franzen, Silverblatt is my bestfriend now
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.