[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna limit my shit to just one thread, so can someone recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 132881074671.jpg (33KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
132881074671.jpg
33KB, 960x720px
Gonna limit my shit to just one thread, so can someone recommend the most /lit/ non-fiction out there? There some sort of top 100 list for it?
>politics
>religion
>philosophy
Anything works; just want shit that's off the rails yknow
>>
>>9914767
The only /fitlit/ book /lit/ has ever agreed on is Sun and Steel by Mishima.
That's literally the only reason all /fitlit/ threads die so easily. Because both authors and weightlifters tend to follow the pic related stereotype.

There are some "muh manly essence bring manliness back reeee" self-help books out there. But they are collectively shit. It's always either PUA or /pol/ content.

Google "fit reading list" and there is A collection of books. But those are usually just "muh stoicism" or "muh ubermensch" or "back then men were men". They're good books, just not really THAT related.

But I'll still lurk. On the off chance that someone knows better.
>>
>>9914767
>Post Office
A lazy alcoholic gets swole from sorting letters in a glass box all day
>>
I think American Psycho qualifies as /fitlit/, not only because of his obsession with working out and its constant reminders of the benefits, both sexual and mental, of having a great body, but also that it reflects the jaded almost-nihilistic outlook of /fit/, that sense that we are being dehumanised by the sexual selection process and our only valid response is to get big and compete.
That being said, what made >>9914957 and >>9915223 even think this was a /fitlit/ thread? Weightlifting and fitness isn't even mentioned in the OP, there's just a picture of Zyzz...
>>
>>9914767
Culture of Critique by Kevin MacDonald.
>>
>>9915246
I'm a simple man. I see Zyzz, I think it's time to talk about swole lit
>>
>>9915290
stop with this shit retard
>>
File: IMG_7444.jpg (27KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7444.jpg
27KB, 263x400px
>>9914767
Pick this one up immediately
>>
>>9916363
Dear lord, why /pol/tards dont fucking kill themselfs already?
This dudes is already posting this garbage for weeks.
>>
>Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbon
>Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by Shirer
>History of the Russian Revolution by Trotsky
>Capital by Karl Marx

Religion:
>Bible (DUH)
>The Summa Theologiae or an abridgement of it
>Discorse on Method and Meditations on First Philosophy (applies to religion and philosophy).

Philosophy:
>Plato's dialogues.
>Aristotle (Organon, Ethics, Metaphysics, Rhetoric, Poetics, Politics).
>Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, and the thinkers that influenced him (Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Locke, Berkeley, Hume)
>Any major thinker following above mentioned thinkers (e.g. Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, etc)

Other:
>Sigmund Freud - get an abridgement reader with most of his works, or read Interpretation of Dreams, Civilization and its Discontents, Ego and the Id, and his case histories. Can't remember the other important works.
>Carl Jung.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.