[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to beat depression >still dont see meaning in anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 17

File: 1418446874638.png (539KB, 957x710px) Image search: [Google]
1418446874638.png
539KB, 957x710px
>try to beat depression
>still dont see meaning in anything
>pills make me feel like a robot
>start smoking weed again
>tfw no gf

For what I've read here, IJ by DFW (pic related) explores themes related to my situation
Should I waste my money on it? Will I find some light?
>>
>>9914157
he literally killed himself, so how on earth could anything he said be helpful? He entirely failed.
>>
stop smoking weed
>>
>>9914157
Welcome to the water XDXDXD

this is water bro, sometimes you gotta go to the grocery store and there is a line, but you don't realize you're in the water my dude!! XD

sometimes you're depressed and pills make you feel like a robot so you start smoking weed and you don't have a girlfriend so you /r9k// post on /lit., but that's just the water and this is water!!!
>>
>>9914188
I hate this post but it made me laugh
>>
read IJ because it's an extremely fun read (and has relevant discussion on like all those topics)

but don't read it because you want to find "light" man. talk to someone.
>>
File: dfw 8.png (724KB, 970x671px) Image search: [Google]
dfw 8.png
724KB, 970x671px
>>9914167
>>9914188
think maybe you guys should listen to the water speech again

OP read it, if it doesn't help any it's at least really entertaining
>>
>>9914157
all meaning other than biological is a spook
lol go hunt a deer and eat berries in a forest and fuck a girl
>>
>>9914208
Why would I talk to someone
I read because I got tired of talking with people irl
>>
>>9914167
Maybe he killed himself because he was too succesful and just wanted to accelerate the next step into superior consciousness
>>
>>9914249
you don't want to interact with people yet you >tfw no gf

do you want companionship or do you want a fucktoy?
>>
Just watch this video
https://youtu.be/lk0osDo7BDE
>>
>>9914254
LMAO!!!

>>9914210
>it's really entertaining
in a cringe kind of way
>>
>>9914275
Hopefully both
I do interact with people but you just can't go "talking" about stuff like this
>>
>>9914208
this tb h. I am currently reading it, and it touches all that OP mentioned, but you can't expect it to give you light, maybe you will relate a lot reading it and can find something but I think that's about it. if you want some light... greeks and the bible my dude
>>
>>9914489
Greek mythology and tragedies or Plato and all those hacks?
>>
>>9914157
smoking weed gives you anxiety/depression even though daddy jew media is telling you otherwise. Stop smoking weed and stop taking zombie pills, just exercise and meditate(optional) and work your mind, legit you don't need that shit, there is always a reason for depression and you need to face it mentally, if you are in a really bad spot i suggest you try taking mushrooms just once, take 5grams in a dark room by yourself with a bucket next to you and plenty of water. Your brain goes into overdrive when you're on shrooms and you make many realizations about yourself which majorly helps depression/anxiety (caused by weed/shit life) and that is why when you research it you will find thousands of testimonies of people saying it helped them with these issues. legit throw out the weed bro, i know how it feels when you have bought a certain amount, you feel like you gotta use it all, just throw that shit out at least. It kills you mentally.
>>
>>9914542
This and also get a diet rich on vitamins and veggies.
>>
>>9914573
Also avoid sugar because it legits worsens your mood.
>>
>>9914188
kek
>>
>>9914542
I already went through my psychedelics phase, experienced ego death and everything else you are describing.
I know weed is bad, I don't glorify it and I hate the weed pseudo culture, but it's been a long time since I last smoked and I don't really give a fuck.
I'm not going to stop taking "zombie pills". If anything was zombie was my state before I started taking pills, except the for the parts when I was legit going psychosis mode. I meant robot in a stim way. I know it is cool to belive you can just meditate (lol), eat veggies and exercise your way out of depression but it doesnt really work that way. A healthy body is important and helps with a healthy mind, but there are things beyond the chemical aspects of this. There are people who are depressed because their brain is fucked, there are people who are depressed because of existensialism related problems, and there are people who get both. Most of them probably don't even understand where is it coming from.
I don't know what makes you go out and live a life, but I don't get it. I just can't wrap my head around this. The first time in my life when I broke the depressive pattern of thought was after experiencing ego death. The fact that we can't even express into words how that state of consciousness "is" (Foucault has the best description of it I've read), where things just "are", tells us we are not made to understand and experience life in a way that lets us find that thing we are always searching for, at least not in this timeline.
Me and you can always read this as a lot of bullshit created to justify depression, but thats not true and everyone who is not a psychology undergrad who thinks that understands "depression" because he read data about it provided and formulated on stadistics, knows it. This is just modern life.
>>
>>9914157

No, you should read "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell. You'll find some light, maybe consider yourself a beast at bay, and realize that life is a hunt, and the hunt is still on.

Alternatively, you can read my book, "Dance, Dance, Little Monkeys". Its still a WIP, but I'll let you know when I'm done.
>>
why the fuck wouldn't you want to feel like a robot? it beats being depressed or anxious by a fucking million times.

i had pretty severe anxiety and depersonalization and got put on a low dose of antipsychotics for a while and it was great. i wasn't crippled by it anymore
>>
>>9914704
Because it makes me grind my teeth
>>
>>9914542
>>9914573
god fuck off. if you haven't had a severe mental problem you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. there's always these retards in these threads that felt sad or anxious once or twice and are just like "C'MON BRO JUST EXERCISE, BRO JUST EAT RIGHT DUDE LMAO"

do you really think if it was that easy people would still be in that situation

fuck off

inb4 "but i had a severe mental illness and i still just thought myself out of it bro"
>>
File: frank.gif (495KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
frank.gif
495KB, 500x282px
>>9914697
>>
>>9914715
Normies be norming
>>
>>9914715
>there's always these retards in these threads that felt sad or anxious once or twice and are just like "C'MON BRO JUST EXERCISE, BRO JUST EAT RIGHT DUDE LMAO"

I suffered from severe anxiety that led cocaine and xanax abuse. I drank myself to sleep every night for almost two years and ended up hospitalized.

Therapy didn't work. Anti-depressants didn't work. Sage wisdom from literature didn't work.

What *did* work was massive amounts of exercise. When you push yourself to follow a strict schedule for weightlifting or marathon training, you give yourself a task that stimulates your brain's pleasure centers, giving you the feeling that you are "dominating" your peers and improving your position in the dominance hierarchy.
>>
That book is a huge band aid, in a good way. I read it over the course of a year, and when I was reading it I felt okay. It's like almost built simply as relief for people with dfw style depression.
>>
>>9914841
Woah depression debunked
Nobody cares about your gay drama
>>
The whole point DFW was trying to make in IJ, is that connecting with other human beings really is the greatest cure for depression
>>
>>9914715
This desu. Normies think feeling a bit blue is depression and feeling a bit nervous is anxiety. They use psychological jargon for their barely existing feelings.
>>
>>9914715
Yeah I bet they haven't even heard voices, lol
>>
>>9914938
Well, I guess is time to fall for the meme then
>>
>>9914841
This. If I hadn't been working out obsessively every other day to deal with my current depression episode (and my situation isn't anywhere near improving) I would have probably committed sudoku by now
>>
>>9914988
You don't have the balls
>>
>>9914841
great. for me it was the exact opposite. i worked out for years pretty obsessively and it didn't cure shit

what did help was therapy and medication. at least don't go into threads like these and say you don't "need" something, when really it might be the only way to help people
>>
>>9914841
>you give yourself a task that stimulates your brain's pleasure centers, giving you the feeling that you are "dominating" your peers and improving your position in the dominance hierarchy.

this is exactly the shit i was talking about. your """""depression""""" was caused by feeling like you were low on the "dominance hierarchy"?? sounds fucking retarded and not real
>>
>>9914542
>even though daddy jew media is telling you otherwise.

I hear from popular magazines and newspapers studies that prove this phenomenon constantly. I happen to agree. I enjoy weed every now and then but do not think anyone with a worrying disorder should be using it.

>stop taking zombie pills

ssris got me out of severe social anxiety.
>>
>>9914157

I haven't read it but I had a dream last night where I bought a zig-zag shaped copy of it because it was the last one in stock. And in the fucking queue was some middle-aged white dude with a pristine copy. What does that tell you? Tells me that we're all in the water kiddo.
>>
>>9914938

Which is true btw
>>
File: 1480375797354.jpg (63KB, 660x428px) Image search: [Google]
1480375797354.jpg
63KB, 660x428px
>try to beat depression
>succeeds
>>
>>9915241
>coincidental alteration is brain chemistry
>normie claims agency

Every time!
>>
who here /erdedy/
>>
Are you 《looking for more light》?
>>
>>9914715
stfu you tumblr faggot
>>
>tfw gf
>>
>>9915064

Anti-depressants are just placebos though. I've been tapering mine off over the past six months and have noticed absolutely no difference in my mood.
>>
>>9915319
Woah anti-depressants debunked
Kys
>>
>>9915327

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/
>>
>>9914254
this is a really bad meme.
>>
>>9915300
how could a man with boots like these demap his whole map?
>>
File: 1483543718235.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483543718235.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
Anybody interested in some sort of an IRC or chat group or whatever for /lit/izens (and aspiring /lit/izens) who are really depressed? I have almost nobody to talk to and have many of the same problems as OP. Suicidal thoughts, useless ssris, wasting time with weed, >nogf, isolation and all that jazz.
It’s nice to empathize with /r9k/ sometimes, but most of them are really really dumb and not interested in self-improvement or education.
>>
dis is wader :DDDDDDDDD
>>
you think you're depressed? try being me for a day kid. you'll run home screaming for mommy within the first 45 minutes, guaranteed. people have always told me i have an, lets say, above average intellect. i see things they don't see. i see the world as it is. i see the gigantic hole underneath it all that will swallow us someday, and i have seen this void since i was barely out of diapers. don't believe me? i have poems, written (by me) from when i was very little, detailing this empty meaningless nothing. i've been in this death like spiral, round and around, getting dizzy and throwing up on myself, splashing everyone around me with black bile, it's no joke. i suffer everyday. i feel everything 10 times more than anyone else. i am a highly sensitive person. this isn't a game, it's life.
>>
I love how the people on this thread are shitting on exercising because it's "normie" advice. Well, it's the most recommended thing by therapists and psychiatrists after anti-depressants, so if you're gonna be a self-loathing cuck you might as well off yourself (no offense).
>>
>>9915483
This is either great bait or I too would be as depressed as you knowing I was such a huge faggot
>>
>>9914157
Read this and start seizing control
>>
>>9915435
I know a discord. Can't find link rn tho
>>
>>9915490
i've found that exercising helps (lifting weights in my case), and i agree that it might be enough to help alot of people out of depression. i don't know what those posters are thinking. but it's really aggravating to encounter posters who claim that exercising, eating right, going to therapy and following all the basic guidelines will fix things no matter what. it doesn't always help people who are genetically prone prone to being self-loathing faggots or who are decidedly fucked in the head for other reasons.
>>
>>9915539

You're right. Plus there's literally nothing wrong with being a 'normie'. Nobody here is actually ever going to be a 'normie' anyway. Taking on some of their more positive traits ain't exactly a bad thing.
>>
>>9915539
That's the frustrating part about looking for advice on depression - everyone uses it to describe what they have. I've started meditating, improved my diet, began jogging, and done practically everything possible, but the core problem didn't change at all. If the problem is biological, antidepressants may be your only valid option.
>>
>>9915327
The whole crux of the argument to use antidepressants is a incorrect, see point 7 here http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01100/full
also this >>9915337
>>
>>9915625
I will also add that my friend uses antidepressants and he has the same bitchy reaction as you do when confronted with evidence. Guys goes from whining about suicidal thoughts to telling you to kill yourself for trying to help him properly. Face the truth, which is that you are a weak-willed cunt and are seeking an excuse to use drugs.
>>
>>9915632
Not him, but what if you've tried everything else and nothing works? I've taken all possible advice regarding depression that doesn't involve drugs, but I still can't feel any kind of pleasure. My family has a history of mental illness, so I have a hard time believing that brain chemistry has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>9915616

>I've started meditating, improved my diet, began jogging, and done practically everything possible, but the core problem didn't change at all.

Me neither but when you think about it, aren't all those things just papering over the cracks? None of them are wholesome activities that'll enrich your life for the better. At best, trying them might lead to something better in the long run but they in themselves aren't substantial enough alone.

Having a job you find worthwhile and a social support group and maybe some freedom is, in my experience, the best way to curb depression.

I find the exercise advice to be a call for the person to get out of the routine they're in. If they do it but find themselves in an equally bad routine then another change is needed.
>>
>>9915655
I don't know, man. I feel that you're writing about something totally different from me, because "worthwhile jobs" and such don't matter to me anymore. Ever since last year, I haven't been able to properly feel emotions, and only a very small amount of things bring me physical pleasure. Lately, too, I've had a very difficult time concentrating, and I can't string together ideas like I once could. Having a social support group wouldn't matter to me because I can't connect to people and feel any sense of reassurance or comfort like most people can. It feels like there's something fundamentally wrong in my head, and I'm not sure anything outside of drugs can change that.
>>
>>9915654
I'm in the same boat actually, which is maybe why you should listen to me more as I'm not just talking out my ass. Idk breh, all I know is stay off weed, antidepressants, don't drink too much. I feel good when I'm doing 'animal' stuff. I exercise (I lift, but PLAYING is vastly more important, you should be doing shit like keepy ups or catching a ball with friends or whatever), I try to fuck regularly, and I hunt. Basically this guy is right >>9914231
These three things along with trying to eat nice food make me happy, but its unrealistic to expect to never be depressed because we have jobs and have menial things to do everyday. Just learn to live with it, life isn't all about being happy, that's a very very veryyyyy modern outlook and it's too utopian.
>>
>>9915712

Yeah you're right. I was talking about my own experience which i don't expect to relate to everyone. Have you tried professional advice?
>>
>>9915732
>I feel good when I'm doing 'animal' stuff.
That's the thing. I don't feel good. Ever. I'm completely fine with a menial existence, but life like this is completely unbearable, and the only reason to keep living is for the hope that it changes.
>>9915735
I've spoken to a therapist, but he just recommended I try meds. I'm still waiting for that opportunity, but every now and then I see people completely reject meds as a placebo or a scam, and I always have to question them about it since that's my last option.
>>
>>9914157

bro all u need to read is this
>>
I'm like you OP

been depressed pretty much all my life, and have history of mental illness in my family
>>
>>9914231
>being addicted to things is meaning
>>
>>9915537
please gib
>>9915654
some of this anti-ssri stuff based in fact, but ssris are one of the few options for those with severe depression and still show some efficacy that isn't due to a placebo effect. i'm not sure if i would recommend them though.

check out r/depressionregimes if you're interested in antidepressant drugs outside of SSRIs and other psychiatrist-prescribed stuff. ashwagandha, l-theanine, fish oil, and rhodiola rosea have helped me quite a bit. there are some interesting studies coming out around probiotics as well. all of this, however, only really has granted me marginal improvements. it needs to be done with in conjunction with lifestyle changes and so on.
and regular marijuana use is bad. It can exacerbate depressive symptoms, make negative lifestyle changes, and cause (very gradual) cognitive decline.
>>
>>9914157
Meaning is a delusional meme and the privilege of the dimwitted, OP.

You can't unlearn knowledge so you can never get back to that ignorance ever again.
>>
>>9914157
Have you looked into ketamine therapy? Seems promising.
>>
>>9915327
(((Pfizer))) shill pls
>>
>>9915435
>IRC

Its called Discord old man
>>
>>9915496
>post is edgy and involves the word "kid"
>>
>>9915775
Suppose I might, but with Anhedonia, either option is a total crapshoot. It's hard to put faith in /r/depressionregimes advice since even the most optimistic feedback is only "It helped a little", like you said. Right now, I'm storing all my hope for SSRIs, since they're the only solution I've heard of for this specific problem. Ketamine also supposedly works, but the effect is brief, and clinics are few and far between.
>>
>>9915775
What you don't realise is that the non-SSRI drugs and probiotics you mention are often touted as hormone fixers for men and are constantly recommended in the fitness industry, they fall into that category of exercise etc as a cure for depression, and doing heavy squats twice a week would have a greater effect than daily consumption of all of those. People don't recommend lifting weights because it is a 'routine' or 'takes your mind off of it' (maybe they do say this, but that's not why it works), it's because of the hormonal effects it has. Doing primal things will be much better for you than supplements or drugs. Literally the best cure for depression and nihilism and all that shitty dread is having a child.
It seems you are victim of placebo and believe ingesting magic beans will help you. Not trying to be rude btw. You are dead right about weed.
>>
>>9914157
Who the fuck is this guy? What video is this from?
>>
>>9915812
Actually there is no implication in your post that you should depend wholly on supplements, in fact you stated the obvious and emphasised the importance of lifestyle...so I apologise to you >>9915775
>>
File: 187584.png (152KB, 341x317px) Image search: [Google]
187584.png
152KB, 341x317px
>>9915817
>Who the fuck is this guy?
>>
>>9915820
opposite* not obvious
>>
>>9915764
Yeah, since childhood. I really wish I could see things diferently.
>>
>>9914542
Coca cola gives me more anxiety than weed
>>
What did DFW think about weed?
>>
>>9914157
try vyvanse, amphetamines are the REAL antidepressants, SSRIs don't work
>>
>>9915790
this is one of the only things i've read about that really seems to 100% 'cure' people, but i doubt its long-term potential and safety. i wouldn't be afraid of buying it via the darknet but i also imagine that it's not very affordable.
do you have any experience with it?
>>9915806
that's fair. it takes several weeks to know if the ssris are going to benefit you, and you might need to try more than one to actually encounter a drug that makes a difference. i hope for the best 4u man
>>9915812
>>9915820
>>9915824
the drugs i posted have clinical evidence supporting their efficacy. it's just unrealistic to give them to someone who wants to die and expect significant improvement from them alone. but yea i agree about tapping the 'primal'.
>>9915848
it is if you do it everyday and are a really sensitive bitch
>>
>>9915868
I'm on wellbutrin
>>
>>9914692
You say you had no depression when you experienced the "ego death", have you tried getting into Buddhism? I don't mean the faith based tibetian bullshit, but Zen. It's entire emphasis is on killing the ego by practical ways, it's pragmatic, there is little bullshit in it. Try learning from an actual teacher instead of books/meditating on your own. It's basically experiencing everything Heidegger says instead on just knowing it intellectually
>>
>>9914692
>le ego death may may
druggies please go
>>
>>9915898
I guess I wil give it a try
I would just take lsd again if I could
>>
>>9915904
Is not just a druggie thing >>9915898
>>
>>9915872
>do you have any experience with it?
I don't desu, but it scares me less than going the ssri route for some reason.

For now I'll just focus on trying not to be an alcoholic and getting some sunlight and fresh air though.
>>
>>9915857
Kid's stuff
>>
>>9915876
close, still a works on the dopamine system but not intense enough
>>
>>9914167
Maybe it would be for the best if OP kills himself and DFW will show him the way
>>
>>9915539
But that's because they are complementary, not unique. It's not good to only jog or to stuff prozac down your throat, they are both neccesary
>>
>>9916019
Oh sorry i didn't read well the rest of your post. I agree with your point, and i can understand that someone can be naturally more sensible and prone to certain illnesses. However i think one must not try to put himself inside an echo chamber for what he deems its an irreparable flaw, since the vast majority (and most of /lit/ i'd say) have issues that could be at least partially relieved if they were more open towards trying to solve them.
>>
>>9914687
ITT: learn how to get depressed by simulating all these depression associated behavioral patterns posted
>>
>>9914188
this is how i felt when i read siddhartha
>>
>>9914715
you're retarded, i have been through serious mental problems and i have worked it out mostly ( they never fully go away ). Depression and anxiety stem from something in your past and you have to face it, or just be delusional and you are born with a bad brain, don't worry you need these excuses you can have them.
>>
I lift and talk to other people all day but that only makes me even more depressed.
>>
internet usage makes depression worse
>>
>>9914961
you have no idea, you assume shit about me because i'm posing ideas that you dont agree with. i have extensive experience with mental illness, i would probably bet way worse than anything you have been through. You just don't understand yet maybe, but i truely hope you try to fix yourself through exercise/diet and becoming a more fulfilled person.
>>
>>9916215
Could be that you're simply not a normie desu. Normies wither and die when they go without gossiping for a day, some people feel perfectly fine in solitude.

There's no real fix-all for depression, it depends on your character how to cope with it.
>>
>>9914841
this, that guy just wants an excuse and clearly he has gotten these excuses from therapists, every single parrot psychologist says the same shit * its a chemical disorder that you can't control* if you want to go with that excuse then fine, or maybe exercise and fix your shit. The reason you got into your situation because you fell in with the excuses after being hit you didn't get back up, don't spread misinfo about nothing but meds help.
>>
>>9914972
schizophrenia is a whole different ball park when it comes to mental illness you can't even put it in the same ball park as depression/anxiety.
>>
>>9914692
This is (you) read Oblomov if you haven't.
>>
>>9916220
If your extensive experience with mental illness is fixed by moving and eating like a normal human then it's not really that bad, is it?
>>
File: 1490362708827.jpg (67KB, 653x538px) Image search: [Google]
1490362708827.jpg
67KB, 653x538px
>tfw you're depressed because you're on the verge of being fired for no reason other than management sucking at their jobs, you can't find an affordable place to live, your relationship with the only girl you've had feelings for in years went to shit, and your dad has been reduced to a human vegetable form a degenerating brain disease
>>
File: feels guy hugs pepe.png (48KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
feels guy hugs pepe.png
48KB, 500x332px
>>9916264
>>
DFW faces on the front page are what staves off my depression.
>>
>>9916241
You don't need to have schizophrenia to hear voices in your head
You fucking casual
>>
File: 1312682040664.png (46KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
1312682040664.png
46KB, 376x401px
>all these MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY chucklefucks in this thread

OP, the truth is that meds may not work. Exercise might not work. Weed might not work. The only thing that can help is gathering the last few bits of will you have and seeing what can help you. Leave no stone unturned. If I had listened to all these people talking about how shit meds are, I might not be here today. You have to do what works for YOU, not anybody else.
>>
>>9915435
Me2
>>
File: 1497647665765.jpg (72KB, 590x596px) Image search: [Google]
1497647665765.jpg
72KB, 590x596px
>>9915300
"damn that is rare. imma save it. that cool?"
>>
>>9914172
OP won't listen but this is what he should do
>>
>>9914231
read the bible
then read the bhagavad gita
then read laozi
then read zhuangzi
and then actually read the ego and its own by le big forehead maymay philosopher you fucking psuedoblep scum
>>
>>9914157
Dont take ssri's. They fuck up your head. Excercise. Go for a walk 3 times a week and in a short time you feel better than with any drug. Thats a proven fact.
>>
>>9914157
he writes a girl like u
>>
>>9915435
hook me up
>>
>>9914157
try mushrooms for depression
>>
File: nice livejournal geek.png (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nice livejournal geek.png
9KB, 500x500px
>>
>still dont see meaning in anything
Heres your problem. The first step is realizing everything is your fault. There is no more meaning in anything than you put. And remembering what you love. You dislike pills because they make you feel like a machine, so capitalize on that non-machine part of who you are. Use it to find that which you love. I truly hope you dont have clinical depression, friend, for that is a killer of men. If you do, shock your shit, and talk to your family. Dont read IJ: it is a depressing novel with gruesome depictions of failures and depressives alike. But if you like indie rock, it might be up your alley.
>>
>>9914692
>I already went through my psychedelics phase
I have depression and am treating it with mushrooms every month. I don't need to experience ego death to have positive effects. But too small of a dose lets my depression come back more quickly

I am going to experiment with microdosing to see if that might also help.
>>
>>9915435
I'm interested
>>
>>9917654
You are a faggot if you don't want to experience ego death and just take bitch ass bro-tier doses
>>
>>9917596
Your post says nothing
>>
you have to be willing to get happy about nothing.
>>
>>9917229
I had not smoked in 3 months
>>
>>9918284
woah...
>>
File: library1-big.jpg (277KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
library1-big.jpg
277KB, 1000x676px
>>9915435
>>9916525
>>9917514
>>9917692
new discord: /lit9k/
https://discord.gg/7pYnm
link lasts one day, will add another one if needed
>>
>>9914157

I was reading Oblivion earlier when I looked up and caught some girls eye. She actually smiled at me first, which is the first time that's happened in a while.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we're all going to make it brah
>>
>>9914167
he killed himself ironically.
>>
>>9918787
hey can you give me a fresh link my man
>>
>>9918999
oops, this link should not expire
https://discord.gg/JPyTUHP
>>
>>9914157

>be regular guy trying to work job
>people suddenly start telling me to kill myself
>what the fuck?
>such is the life of a tax collector
>>
>>9914938

fuck my life. IF that's the cure for depression then I'm pretty sure I'll end up hanging myself
>>
>>9914542
>le just exercise bro
>just eat right man

Even athletes get depressed and kill themselves
>>
>>9918912
I don't think a girl ever smiled at me first like that.
>>
Hahahahahahaha....

If all of you guys, and I'm gonna say guys cause I'm pretty sure by the way your talking to each other you are; if all of you guys just had each other to meet like this in real life, you'd realise that more important than exercising, working out, or taking pills, is having people that are concerned for you and are there to help you no matter what. The very reason your all here talking about this suggests that you aren't yet ready to be vulnerable in front of your peers. But soon you'll be old and realise that in order to hold onto your dignity, you'll have to compromise with someone by being vulnerable. It's inescapable that you will need people at some time or other, so choose wisely now who that might be, and make preparation to maintain those relationships.

>naw man, I'm gonna die in a blaze of glory
>naw, I'm gonna pay servants to do what I want from my hospital bed
>naw, I don't need people like the people here

I love you. Hang in there, buddy.
>>
>>9919234
I have my sister to be vulnerable with and with whom I have a very good friendship, but that's not enough.
>>
>>9919246
So what's you plan? Do you want to find a group of people around you?
>>
>>9919234

I see we're sinking to new levels of desperation. Good, good. I'm still monitoring the entropy here.
>>
>>9919262
I think I'm too old for that
>>
>>9919153

Mate I was well surprised as I was about to smile at her. She walked down the street and I guess I'll never meet her again but I'm on a girl detox right now so I suppose it doesn't matter. Made my day regardless.
>>
>>9919296
That's just a sign of your weakness not allowing yourself to be vulnerable in front of potential groups of people. It does get harder as you get older, but that's no reason to think yourself into a trap.
>>
>>9919421
That's it? A smile? You know that that girl is cuddling or having sex with another dude right now and you mean nothing to her, right?
>>
god damn lit turned into a self help board. there is literally one book mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>9919270
I don't have plans, nor am I on some mission dipshit.

How many weak commits, neutrals and potentials you see is not my concern. And spreading paranoia only helps me see through you to your concerns.

Human beings are not walking ideologies, they're human beings. So doubt my sincerity, because that is fun for you. But you hold no legitimacy beyond a prankster that is unkind.

Will this work, yes, more than likely - except where it matters.
>>
>>9914157
Pay for cognitive behavioural therapy instead
>>
>>9919579

>Throw a stone with intent to cripple or kill, whatever else, at least harm

>Be appalled when the person you threw a stone at throws another stone back at you

Do I unlock some sort of ability to be incoherently morally outraged when I grow older? How old are we talking here? Your plane of existence sounds interesting, if not short sighted
>>
>>9914157
>says he's depressed
>but feels sad he doesn't have gf
You're not depressed, you're just sad. If you were depressed you wouldn't care that you don't have a gf. You're not too far gone friendo.
>>
>>9919549

Yeah and thank fuck for that too.

But nice try.
>>
>>9919551

>there is literally one book mentioned in this thread

It is quite literally the only book one ever needs.
>>
>>9919729
Huh? Are you alright? I truly just throw dirt in the air and let the wind take it, and if you get hit by a particle, don't turn around and say you're justified in stoning me - at least not without proclaiming a sentence of my guilt to my face first. I don't actually know what the fuck you're mad about, but I'm curious. So, come on, make me regret something.... I need a laugh.
>>
>>9919551
it's an IJ thread what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>9919896

I don't know what you're talking about. Really, no clue. But it sounds like you're already wracked with regret and there's more on the way. Maybe you're not really at ease, maybe you are, but I don't have any specific relation to you where I would make some sort of accusatory statement. Why would I do that?
>>
>>9919950

read a book
>>
File: pup4.jpg (62KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
pup4.jpg
62KB, 600x525px
>>9919950
make friends with your classmates
>>
>>9919958

who are you?

oh i just realized, i dont care
>>
>>9914302
Yes, you can.

Don't obsess over your misery, but you can talk to people about it. It'll probably be more interesting than the boring shit you normally talk about.
>>
The chemical model of depression is incorrect and is already starting to be discredited. Depression is due to your circumstances.
>>
>>9919966
if you don't care, why are you asking?
>>
>>9916264
Could be worse, maybe.
>>
>>9919993

it took me exactly the time between typing the first bit and the second bit of my post to decide, and I was too lazy to erase it
>>
>>9919770
Its a meme you dip

This thread fucking sucks
>>
>>9918787
Fucking faggots
>>
>>9919977
Is awkward, people don't want to hear about how you were suicidal 2 days ago and feel a hurting hole in your chest that traps your mind and spins and twists it until they end up being one single thing
>>
>>9915265
I'm about 270 pages in right now, and the opening thing with Erdedy and his waiting on the potential arrival of the weed he wanted is still the highlight so far. That was amazing.
>>
>>9920139
it's such a great chapter. I really wish dfw was still with us :'(
>>
>>9914692
Where did Foucault talk about this??
>>
>>9920139
lol that was the chapter that sucked me in- it was just so relatable and well written. enjoy your journey partner i only wish i could go back and read it for the first time again
>>
>>9920259
Thanks m8, cheers. It's been a really awesome read so far and it's starting to come together a little bit for me. Some of the passages have been sublime.
>>9920200
Me too. I was pleasantly surprised DFW loved my favourite song, the big ship by brian eno. It was the last straw to get me to buy IJ and begin reading it.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.