[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get myself into reading? i have many hobbies but none

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4505.png (130KB, 422x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4505.png
130KB, 422x306px
How do I get myself into reading?
i have many hobbies but none of them is reading so I thought I should give it a try
I've only read like 3 books in my entire life so I don't really know where to begin with
Help me out
>>
Orwell is a good begin.
>>
Invest in a dictionary and/or dictionary app. It's also not a bad idea to start improving your vocabulary. One of the major things that impede reading enjoyment is lack of understanding, and if you can barely comprehend the words you see, that's going to fuck with your flow. And if your flow gets interrupted too often, you'll be much more likely to give up, even if you might have enjoyed the ideas within.
>>
>>9912655
Audiobooks during menial tasks
>>
File: 1502591467455.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1502591467455.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
start withthe greeks
>>
Asking how to get yourself into reading is like asking how to get yourself into playing csgo. It's a hobby. Try 1-2 books than give up if you don't feel like it.
+1 for 1984
It's actually nice that you have many hobbies, why do you seek another one then that you don't even like? I have 0 hobbies, reading is doesn't even feel like hobby, I just read to forget about the existential dread and to stop overthinking, because I got nothing else.
Few years ago I was CS and Dota addict without having read 3 books, but I'd rather go back to that.
>>
>>9913121
Ok, I aldeary read 1984, any other worth reading from him?

>>9913156
good idea, I wouldn't say that my vocabulary is shit or something like that but I get what you mean

>>9913185
Someone told me that you don't simply start with the Greeks, because of the way they wrote or something like that, haven't try it so I don't know if it's true

>>9913187
I'm not usually into that kind of stuff but I'll check that out

>>9913193
I understand, but I want to give it a try because I feel like I'm missing a lot of stuff that I might actually like

And it's not that I dislike reading its just that I'm a procrastinator so it gets difficult to finish a book

>>9913183
And I thought about that, but im assuming that you a referring to do that only in the beginning right?
>>
>>9912655
self discipline, you have to figure out what kind of book appeals to you first that you might be interested in, ancient lit or sci fi whatever you think will be more appealing to you ( like the genre of movie or tv show you choose ). Next you just have to get relaxed and do it, just sit down and power through any slumps in your brain that say fuck this, those slumps are like the callouses on your fingers when you learn guitar, once you do it enough your fingers wont hurt, same with this, you wont give up once you get to a certain point. ( remember you don't have to read one book from start to finish you can put it down and start another one and come back to it ) But really deep down just do whatever the fuck you want to do, you dont have to read, but i would suggest trying it out, any of the meme books here are good. I suggest the ultimate meme book " shadow of the torturer " by gene wolfe, https://libgen.pw/ for free books, good luck friend.
>>
>>9914485
>I'm a procrastinator so it gets difficult to finish a book
I don't think reading is the right hobby for procrastinators. We all have our flaws, but procrastination is especially bad for reading.
>>
>>9914515
Although I already knew most of the things you wrote, it's easier said than done but I liked your analogy for learning since I can relate to that so I might try that approach, thanks for the advice and recommendations m8
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.