[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder Faith is the only reason to ever believe you should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Apostle Paul.jpg (127KB, 430x595px) Image search: [Google]
Apostle Paul.jpg
127KB, 430x595px
Daily reminder
Faith is the only reason to ever believe you should ever care about others
Faith is the only reason to ever believe others care about you
Faith is the only reason to ever believe you shouldn't kill yourself right now
Faith is the only reason to ever believe the word Love means absolutely anything
>>
>faith is a reason to believe something
>faith
>a reason

i agree with the sentiment here but come on
>>
You could have just said faith=belief and saved yourself some time.
>>
>>9911484
True faith is reason
Reason negating reason. Faith is not to suspend the truth, faith is a trust in what you know to be true even if our limited reason itself fails it.
>>
>>9911490
Faith is more than belief, faith is knowledge.
As much as one tries to find reason to deny the Spirit the Spirit remains, ever inexorable and immanenet.

A man who knows the spirit even in the depths of despair can not truly deny the worth of compassion
A man who knows the spirit even in the depths of despair can not truly deny others the care they struggle to offer him.
A man who knows the spirit even in the depths of despair can not truly deny the call to go on.
A man who knows the spirit even in the depths of despair can not truly deny the Love he feels.

Where reason is flawed and challanged. Where what was once true is false and what was once false is true. When what was once knowledge Is changed and imporved. Faith lives on.
>>
>>9911491
word salad.
>>
>>9911513
No, faith is not knowledge. Faith is certainty, come about by faulty ways.
>>
>>9911563
Thats a naive reading of Faith. If you assert something by faith it is not that you do so based on a line of analytic logic, you do so because there is a background of intuitive sense and logic that can not be fully rendered and articulated in the short time and ability we have as beings but yet is so apparent and persistent.
Faith is not the denial of reason it is the very fulfilling of reason itself. Which gives possibility to action
>>
>>9911577
It is not the fulfilling of reason. It's to FEEL certain of things of which you cannot be certain.
>>
>>9911577
>that can not be fully rendered and articulated in the short time and ability we have as beings

You cannot fully render or articulate it, because usually there's nothing there.
>>
>>9911597
No because you can never fully render or articulate anything. Our demands to act are near uncountable and our ability to analytically justify them are terribly short. Whether from our most primary sciences to our decision to get out of bed each morning.

>>9911586
Its feeling only in so far as it is unanalyzed reason. We all operate on faith, those who are honest and responsible choose to acknowledge it and have faith in what is good and right and not contradict their own presuppositions
>>
>>9911616
The thing is that faith usually claims absolute knowledge. It is true that we operate mainly in unanalyzed reason; but we do not claim absolute knowledge of anything while we do that (I should rather say, I don't).
Some of my regular acts I haven't questioned, so I perform them on the basis of unanalyzed reason, nonetheless, if I should question them, I would no longer perform them on the basis of unanalyzed reason.
Maybe this is just a semantic discussion.
>>
>>9911616
Sorry, Anon. To bring my point about, I would have to present my thesis on epistemology, but I don't have time. So, I apologize for leaving you hanging and not give you a chance to come ahead in the conversation.
>>
>>9911616
>>9911636
P.S.: I'm not implying I'm coming ahead.
>>
True, I agree wholeheartedly. But why did you include a Christian apostle's image with your post? Don't you know that Allah forbids man-made representation of His work? The fact that your image shows an important figure of an infidel religion makes it even more detestable.
>>
>>9911631
But this is exactly the point. Faith should never be regarded as being supreme over reason, it should be regarded as the wind that blows the sails of analytic logic.
One can use logic to display propositions one doesn't believe in and one can believe in propositions one does not yet have the logic to support. Faith should not be regarded as baseless belief, rather it is the engine of logic itself, its the point towards which we orientate our reason

>>9911636
Despite what I take as sarcarm you are displaying my point. We have no displayable notion who could ever come ahead by the end of an endless discussion
>>
>>9911654
Muslims wouldn't actually agree. They are not a religion of reason they're a religion of dogmatism. Faith in its true sense in not in the Islamic-Judaic vocabulary, all they have is commandment to which reason should be utterly submissive to.
>>
>>9911659
Not sarcasm at all. Would you agree that faith can never be used to claim absolute knowledge? (Absolute knowledge is a tautology in some systems).

>and one can believe in propositions one does not yet have the logic to support.

Sometimes the logic comes and disproves the proposition, but the faith doesn't allow for the belief to go away.
I think you are discussing faith as an ineluctable mechanism of reason, to which I agree. But this faith is not dogmatic. I've been discussing dogmatic faith, as in unchangeable; which is a different concept, I'd say.
>>
>>9911482
LOL
>>
>>9911679
>Would you agree that faith can never be used to claim absolute knowledge?

Socially yes. Faith is always a personal experience at best we can only ever implore others to refer to it. By its very nature it can never be proposed as absolute. However we can and sometimes must assume our faith as absolute to ourselves, but only in the sense to which it demands logic to fulfill it, never to be taken and extrapolated propositionally for which logic is then contradicted or dismissed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.