[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm new to /lit/. Basically, after being a dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: sympathy.jpg (165KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
sympathy.jpg
165KB, 760x596px
Hey guys, I'm new to /lit/. Basically, after being a dumb piece of shit for months I decided I don't want to be a fucking dumb piece of shit. I'm studying for the law school exam, I need an interesting book that will help me look forward and stay motivated. A friend of mine I admire told me to read Nietzche and dump self-help bullshit, is he right? Anyways I'm just looking for an interesting read while studying, it could be a fiction book. He also told me to uninstall every videogame and just exercise, study and read until the day of my exam and that after that I will not go back. That sounds good but isn't that too much? My mum gave me 1984 and Animal Farm, I'm enjoying them, if that helps. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
>>
Video games wise cut down, one hour for each hour you spend reading (if that is too difficult spent one hour being productive/bettering yourself e.g. exercise or tidying your damn room).
Interesting entry level literature (note the use literature as opposed to books) include many of the works of the great American novelists such as Hemingway (Men without women is an easy introduction), Steinbeck et al.
Since you're enjoying Orwell you may enjoy Brave New World (Huxley) or maybe A Clockwork Orange (Burgess). The latter is slightly more different due to the dialect the author uses but the Penguin edition includes a useful glossary in the appendix.

Hope this helped, don't expect anything productive from this place other than
>Start with the Greeks
>>
File: checked.jpg (8KB, 180x216px) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
8KB, 180x216px
>>9911253
Thank you
>>
>>9911227

>dumb piece of shit

>Not a fucking mastermind

Seems to me like you're standing between me and millions of dollars, and I'm only waiting for you to slip. Just a little.
>>
File: fall.jpg (28KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
fall.jpg
28KB, 500x385px
>>9911660
wh-what do you mean anon?
>>
>>9911704

I mean I keep my promises.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.