[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I was a Flower of the mountain yes >when I put the rose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ooii.jpg (281KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ooii.jpg
281KB, 800x600px
>I was a Flower of the mountain yes
>when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes
>and how he kissed me under the Moorish Wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes
>and then he asked me would I yes
>to say yes
>my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes
>and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes
>and his heart was going like mad and yes
>I said yes
>I will Yes.

Is this the greatest ending in literature ?
>>
>>9911193
dude boobs lol
>>
spoilers should be banworthy i h8 u
>>
srsly i shood ring ur fucken neck. shit head
>>
SMAAAAAAOUGE MAOAOOOOODS
SMAAAAAAAOUGEY HATE YAAAAAAOUGH
>>
Dialogue feels stiff and awkward
>>
grammar is for faggots
>>
Ulysses is peak literature
>>
>>9911210
Snape kills dumbledore
>>
>>9911193
Never even considered this before until now. Does this conclusion allude to Carmen? If so, an implied 'no' accompanies the 'yes.' Which is even more fascinating, more vital, because it limits the 'guarantee' to just that moment.
>>
kate bush a cute
>>
>>9911454
What the fuck are you talking about pham
>>
>>9911578

https://youtu.be/zTDMvyj4TFg
>>
>>9911578
Actually referring to the Merimee novella Carmen on which the opera was based. The last part of the novella consists of Carmen's (the Andalusian maid with a rose in her hair) complete rejection of Don Jose. Almost a mirror image of Joyce's conclusion, but the opposite. (I will travel with you to the end of the earth, I will become your wife, but I will NEVER love you, Don Jose-- etc.)
Merimee was a writer's writer, a supreme technician and critic sadly neglected today. Carmen and Colomba are great novellas, a brilliant extremely short story is Matteo Falcone. He's worth checking out.
>>
>>9911464
>>
i personally think it is one of the finest passages in the english language
>>
I first read it in a museum in Ireland that had a first edition copy opened to the final page. I nearly broke down crying in front of the tour guide. I've only been that effected by any piece of art a few times since then
>>
I feel like I'd like the ending better if Penelope as a whole wasn't such a fucking slog, and if I cared more about Molly.
>>
>>9911815
what makes it so special to me, and to be honest i didn't even read the book just the passage, is that it is so intensely positive and hopeful that it fills you with elation...you feel like her, so full of love with the future ahead of you. not much art can do that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.