[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how do you guys feel about Krasznahorkai? As of late, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: thirlwell_1-071113.jpg (505KB, 950x1091px) Image search: [Google]
thirlwell_1-071113.jpg
505KB, 950x1091px
So, how do you guys feel about Krasznahorkai? As of late, I've been reading Satantango and Destruction and Sorrow Beneath the Heavens, and I've got to say that his prose has that rare quality of "opening worlds", that is, subtle and novel connections in the chaos of Being, that marks all great art. What would you say are his beat works? I was interested in War & War.
>>
i really, really like him
war & war is my favourite, having read all of his stuff that's been translated into english so far
>>
>>9911065
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he write War & War in English? Or at least, I've always seen it tagged as his "second english novel"
>>
>>9911014
I read Melancholy of Resistance whilst slumming it in North North Africa (Spain, France, Germany) and I found it to be simply amazing
>>
>>9911092
no he did not, all of his books are written in hungarian
the english translation is by george szirtes who is the best of his translations imo
>>
>>9911014
satantango is pure kino. irimias is my favorite character in all postmodern lit
>>
>>9911111
Then I guess they were talking about the setting, weird
>>
>>9911139
i guess
a fair portion takes place in new york
it's extremely good regardless. george szirtes does such a great job, although i cannot comment on how accurate it is to the original, it's a superb work in its own right
>>
>>9911139
They were probably referencing the fact that it was his second novel to be translated into English, after the Melancholy of Resistence.
>>
>>9911014
He is the current end of level boss for literature.
>>
Is he one of the precious few authors on which we can reach a consensus of positive judgement?
>>
I read Seiobo There Below and was really really impressed. I want to read more but can't afford right now and uni library has none.
>>
>>9911476
You can find Satantango, War & War and The Melancholy of Resistance on libgen, just saying
>>
>>9911474
only because few enough have read him
i've already sensed 'bernhard is better' rumblings in the making
>>
>>9911487
i doubt the whiny austrian is better

a bloo bloo bloo i dislike my fellow austrians

am i supposed to give a shit if im not austrian?
>>
>>9911487
What about Sebald, tho

(As far as I know, the guy likes K.man a lot)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.