[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop caring about what the pseuds think and start reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 69840275.jpg (23KB, 638x547px) Image search: [Google]
69840275.jpg
23KB, 638x547px
How do I stop caring about what the pseuds think and start reading for enjoyment instead of reading boring old books for pseud cred?

I would have given up on brothers Karamazov quickly and never started manufacturing consent or guns germs and steel (both easily summarised) if it wasn't for pseud pressure.
>>
>>9909054
read the chronicles of narnia
>>
>>9909054
Study hellenistic cynicism, and disregard the judgment of others.
>>
Have a "one for me, one for you" mentality, if it makes you feel so bad. "Pseud" literature -- that is, the Canon -- is good/necessary because it gives a society a common set of touch points to talk about. Completely ignoring that isn't good and leads to those touch points being shit like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones (specifically, the TV show, not the books).

While to an extent I believe that reading should be done out of one's own sense of enjoyment, it is important to set that enjoyment aside from time to time and at least attempt to "join the wider literary conversation."
>>
>>9909569

I kind of agree but 99 % of the people who go on about essential canon stuff know nothing about maths, physics, science etc. It really is utter fucking pseuds, not intellectual gods. If Einstein told me to read the Greeks I'd take his advice intellectually seriously. Not some NYU academic who praises the canon one second and write critical theory bs the next
>>
>>9909585
Man shut the fuck up and stop making these threads you limey cunt
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.