[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>falling for the Wittgenstein meme A philosopher so obviously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ludwig-wittgenstein-2.jpg (63KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
ludwig-wittgenstein-2.jpg
63KB, 900x750px
>falling for the Wittgenstein meme

A philosopher so obviously, categorically wrong that the mere absurdity of his claims is endearing enough to garner fascination. I've got to admit he is an interesting character, and it might be fruitful to read him in the same way he read Otto Weininger: as a comedic, grandiose failure whose uniqueness might warrant some form of admiration. And to hold him as an ideal, that of the complete opposite of an adequate approach to linguistics, metaphysics and epistemology.
>>
Darüber muß OP schweigen
>>
>>9905905
>no actual arguments
>>
>>9905925
>4chan.org
>>
>>9905905
What an edgy faggot.
>>
File: 1411386487383.png (687KB, 1242x512px) Image search: [Google]
1411386487383.png
687KB, 1242x512px
>>9905905
>Analytic cultist buttmad the mean Jew broke his trainset
>>
>>9906032
I think you're a bit confused about Wittgenstein's position in the cannon of Western philosophy.
>>
>>9906042
I'm not, he destroyed the system from within. The Analytic tradition has been a zombie in denial since
>>
>>9906042
>When you dont know shit about philosophy or linguisitics and all you've read is some introductory undergrad textbook on philosophy so think Wittgenstein is a run of the mill analytic, but in reality he argued quite forcefully against positivism, Fregean rationalism, and phenomenological/proto-cognitivist philosophy of mind.
>>
>>9906045

This is basically true.
>>
>>9906054
Indeed, Wittgenstein is incredibly influential in what might as well go for continential philosophy, MacIntyre being indebtet to him for a lot of his ideas.
>>
>>9906045
>actually believing this
>>
>>9906142

What do you think Wittgenstein meant when he declared that he had 'solved philosophy' in the TLP, when as far as he was concerned, the 'problems' of philosophy were problems of logic and language? What could it mean that his basic understanding of philosophy's object never really changed, only his methodological approach to it?
>>
>>9906259
What are you getting at?
>>
>>9906045
If we take Wittgensteins idea of philosophy to be about clarifying one's thoughts, how can philosophy ever be completed? He was irked about philosophys hyper-professionalization, not the task itself, and therefore not with the concept of analytic philosophy because analytic philosophy is just a form of the task that also happens to have become an industry. Also, how dogmatic do you have to be to just accept that he was right? The idea of progress in philosophy is controversial, and Wittgenstein doesn't have the final say just because he is a meme here.

>...in the fact that it shows how little has been done when these problems have been solved.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.