[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you anon's know any good books to understand Shia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Do any of you anon's know any good books to understand Shia Islam? I was always curious of these dudes.
Them and the Ibadis
Problem is, that it seens majority are in fucking arab... I aint gonna fucking try learning this.
Any english or spanish things to learn more 'bout Shia Islam?

wahabbis go away
>>
>shia
>islam

Choose one.
>>
>>9904431
delet dis kaffir
>>
>>9904418
reza aslan's shia- his book Understanding Islam doesn't stint in that direction. I remember checking out a few books from the library relevant thanks to his bibliography.
>>
>>9904468
>doesn't stint in that direction

What you mean by this, anon?
>>
Plz halp anons
>>
>>9904468
>read reza aslan's book
>>
>>9904472
That he devotes as much time and space to Shiites as he does to Sunnis so that both similarities and (major) differences are made clear. There's no 'inadequate supply' of information concerning Shia Islam, in other words.
Some of the books I read then-
Vali Nasr's The Shia Revival
Stephen Scwartz's The Two Faces of Islam
David Levering Lewis' God's Crucible (Islam and the Making of Europe, 570-1215)
Rogerson's The Heirs of Muhammad
Aslan's No God but God....
>>
>>9906277
From a Christian perspective it's interesting that the Protestant sensibility comes first in Islam, the Catholic sensibility (Shia) though hot on its heels, second.
>>
>>9906277
Interesting, thanks for the info anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.