[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to react to this. Are we supposed to empathise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I don't know how to react to this. Are we supposed to empathise with his passiveness, or disdain it?
Also I hate women now.
>>
why was she so cold to him?
Bitch ruined his life cause she didn't get to go to Europe
>>
>>9904088
>Why was a woman an emotionless monster?
read that again slowly
>>
>>9904073
>Are we supposed to empathise with his passiveness, or disdain it?
Well what's your reaction, you fucking asshole.
Do you honestly believe the author wanted every reader to come to one and the same particular conclusion?

FUCK OFFF
>>
>>9904073
>I don't know how to react to this. Are we supposed to empathise with his passiveness, or disdain it?
You're not supposed to react a certain way; see it, empathize with it, contast it against your own life and what you consider a worthwhile and fulfilling life. It's a portrait, not a parable. It's not written to spoon-feed you an ideology, it's meant to have a clear and insightful glimpse at a man's life.
>>9904088
>Bitch ruined his life cause she didn't get to go to Europe
Don't be naive, she was molested or raped by her father and it affected her in deep and obvious ways. It wasn't overtly stated but it doesn't take Freudian wizardry to realize
>>
>>9904129
>Well what's your reaction, you fucking asshole.
no shit, faggot
>>
>>9904160
Your reply doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>9904170
I thought it did
>>
>>9904175
Then explain it.
>>
>>9904180
Oh it doesn't. I misread your reply to OP. I'm tired, sorry.
You're a fucking prick anyway
>>
>>9904188
Well what I said in a crude and rude and drunken manner, this man >>9904133 expressed more eloquently.

I'M GOING TO SLEEP FOR IT IS NEARLY 6 AM

GOOD

NIGHT
>>
File: 1450394053675.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1450394053675.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>9904133
>she was molested or raped by her father and it affected her in deep and obvious ways
>>
>>9904133
>Don't be naive, she was molested or raped by her father and it affected her in deep and obvious ways
Hence why she was determined to prevent Stoner and their daughter from having a relationship, and was happy that Stoner was using his sexual energy in an affair rather than with her or her daughter.
>>
>>9904133
Woah, I just thought she had a really toxic relationship with her dad, didnt realise it went that far
>>
I didn't really like it. It turned into "feel bad for me and hate these characters" the novel
>>
>>9904351

I understand that but I came out of it feeling that while obviousy this portrait is of Stoner. You could easily have books wrote for the other characters. A somner-esque style understanding that there isn't solely one story going on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.