[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post top tier comfy /lit/ books that are fun, well written, maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: 378._UY500_SS500_.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
378._UY500_SS500_.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
post top tier comfy /lit/
books that are fun, well written, maybe even has some deep ideas sprinkled in, but is easy enough to digest that you can almost shut your brain off while reading and still comprehend
>>
File: monkey.jpg (20KB, 150x225px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
20KB, 150x225px
I'll bump just once and then let it die
>>
File: SilmarillionBook_LR.jpg (73KB, 381x499px) Image search: [Google]
SilmarillionBook_LR.jpg
73KB, 381x499px
Tolkien is max comfy.
>>
>>9902525
Christopher Morley's Parnassus on Wheels, and The Haunted Bookshop. Also serve as a sad reminder that a strong if goofy American book culture thrived here not all that long ago. Both basically inventory classics in a silly, gushing manner. Can't honestly say why I like them so much, but I do.
Robert Louis Stevenson's Travels on a Donkey and An Inland Voyage are far better than the more famous book that I feel inadequately ripped them off, Three Men in a Boat. I love those two.
Still light but headier are David Garnett's Aspects of Love, Go She Must, and Lady into Fox; Max Beerbohm's Zuleika Dobson; and some of Evelyn Waugh's novellas-- A Handful of Dust, White Mischief, Scoop, The Loved One, etc.
>>
File: Mossflower.jpg (4MB, 1526x2327px) Image search: [Google]
Mossflower.jpg
4MB, 1526x2327px
>>9902525
As far as children's books go you cant get much comfier than Redwall.
>>
File: BookofThree1.jpg (21KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
BookofThree1.jpg
21KB, 259x400px
This is the first of 5 which ends with a Newbery award winner
>>
>>9903892
Came here to post this desu

Redwall is top-tier comfy warm weather reading
>>
File: the-face-in-the-frost-3.jpg (182KB, 788x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the-face-in-the-frost-3.jpg
182KB, 788x1200px
The Face In The Frost
>>
File: 91gSahSjwsL.jpg (513KB, 1500x2296px) Image search: [Google]
91gSahSjwsL.jpg
513KB, 1500x2296px
>>
>>9902525
read that when i was a kid and loved it
>>
comfy but no kid book?
>>
Any of Neal Stephenson's scifi is like this. Snow Crash, Diamond Age, and Anathem are his better works and they're very readable for enjoyment.
>>
File: the-wind-in-the-willows.jpg (98KB, 420x506px) Image search: [Google]
the-wind-in-the-willows.jpg
98KB, 420x506px
>>
Any book on philosophy, metaphysics, mathematics, sciences, history.
>>
>>9907082
>easy to digest
>mathematics and metaphysics
>>
>>9907074
This guy gets it
>>
>>9907074
This book is beautiful.
>>
>>9907074

Oh fuck yeah
>>
Winnie the Pooh
>>
>>9902525
Shirley Jackson's short stories. She essentially writes horror fiction, but also probes at the darkness lurking behind the American dream.

Sam Shepard's 15 One-Act Plays is also great. Even if you don't like reading scripts, his imagery and characterisation is so vivid that it feels like you're reading prose. I would describe his style as 'grotesquely absurd'- he throws everything onto the wall hoping it will stick, and that alone is massively entertaining.

It wasn't really my cup of tea, but you might also enjoy some of Saki's stories. They're tongue-in-cheek but also typically quite dark.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.