[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a solid single volume history of the Civil War...Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 51iaK3xUYPL.jpg (61KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
51iaK3xUYPL.jpg
61KB, 330x500px
Looking for a solid single volume history of the Civil War...Has anyone read this?
>>
>>9901924
Quite some time ago. Like Caton and Foote most all his stuff is solid. Balances.
>>
read in high school, excellent account of the civil war. one of the best definitely/
>>
>>9901924

Foote is the patrician's choice.
>>
>>9901924
You should have said, OP, I just donated my unread copy of that to my local charity shop along with a bunch of other junk I've accumulated over the years.
>>
What are the best novels/short stories about the Civil War?
>>
Yes, I read it. Was very good, very thorough.

Goes into all the causes of the war, which were many. In fact, it kind of accurately depicts the war as it was, which is a giant confusing mess of motives from multiple different factions. It's way too simplistic to say the north was anti-slavery, or that the south was pro-slavery, the real issues were way more complex than that.

Also covers the battles pretty in depth, and the life of the soldiers.

>>9903455

I don't know that many, but pic related is a somewhat historical fiction book about the battle of Gettysburg. I mean, all the facts in it are correct, but it just adds a lot of characterization to the known story. You can also just watch the movie Gettysburg, which is pretty much exactly the same as the book.
>>
What's that novel written from the point of view of Robert E. Lee's horse Traveller? Is that book any good? It sounds like it could be the biggest piece of shit in the world or it could be really interesting and unique.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.