[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so i bought a bunch of used books you guys reccomended me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0069.jpg (100KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0069.jpg
100KB, 780x1040px
Okay so i bought a bunch of used books you guys reccomended me, I tried got all Greeks they had in store and bought others for the rest of the money

Now , in what order do I read them? Am i missing anything super crucial to understand one of these?

In order:
Antique Tragedies
Early roman history - Livius
The Leviathan
Alexander the great - plutarch
Gay Science
Nicomachean ethics
Freuds Dream Analysis
Illias & Odyssee
>>
I don't know about order but read tragedies and homer as a chunk. Read Aristotle and Alexander as a chunk. Read Nietzsche and freud as a chunk. And leviathan after you've read all the others (or maybe before neitzschr and Freud but I wouldn't personally).
>>
>>9899917
Also Plato before Aristotle.
>>
>>9899917
Is that an abridged version of Hobbes' Leviathan?
Every edition I've seen has been way thicker
>>
>>9899917
must be cool to be able to read Nietzsche as a native German speaker -- consider me jealous
>>
>>9899931
I figured i would have to get the Plato books somewhere else in the meantime

>>9899934
I sure hope its not, it has 197 Pages and 31 Chapters
>>
Oh well, i just found out it is an abridged version, it only says so in a small footnote, thats dissapointing
>>
>>9899943
My (Oxford World's Classics) edition of the Leviathan has nearly 500 pages so yours must be an abridgement.
>>
>>9899953
>>9899953
aha rekt
>>
>>9899917
Did you seriously buy all of those new? Why not secondhand?
>>
>>9900496
They are all secondhand, hence why i couldnt get all off the greeks i needed, i payed 20€ for that whole stack
>>
Le rebuy faec

Looks like you should put some more effort into researching the editions that you're buying. The Livy book looks way way too small to be the full work. Same with Leviathan. Also Plutarchs actual Parallel Lives is much longer and has usually a Greek and a Roman counterpart so I don't really know what you can get out of just reading a single biography. Also by this time you should have seen the Greek chart.
>>
>>9901183
I have, like I said they didnt have everything, and half of these didnt even have a description or anything so it was kind of a gamble
>>
>>9899917
welche Homer Übersetzung ist das?
>>
Read Freud. He's really interesting to read (and a good writer too). Psychoanalysis is probably one of the most interesting fields I have learned about. It has its faults, but you can apply it to almost everything.
>>
>>9901213
Don't buy them then. It's a waste of money to buy these, all abridged versions are pretty much worthless. The antique tradegies book looks quite nice though. Can you provide a link or take a picture of the index? I'd be interested in seen what plays it contains.
>>
File: DSC_0070.jpg (93KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0070.jpg
93KB, 780x1040px
>>9901274
Johann Heinrich Vogt

>>9901290
Of course im going to read him, I just wanted to know the Order in which I read these books or if im missing something essential

>>9901315
I feel like i got something quite neat with that one, the cover is made really nice , its from 1969 and still in a superb condition
>>
>>9901315
>>9901804
Also I forgot to add, I didnt know they would be abridged versions, If i did I wouldnt have bought them. I already refused to buy any reclam versions let alone abridged ones
>>
>>9901804
>Johann Heinrich Vogt
meinst wahrscheinlich Voß, ist eigentlich so ziemlich die Standardübersetzung, ich persönlich empfehle immer die von Schadewaldt, ist mmn. rhythmischer und klangschöner
Was ist das für eine Ausgabe von den Tragödien? suche schon länger einen guten Sammelband in dem auch die komplette Orestie ist
>>
>>9902259
Es gibt von Anaconda Verlag genau die selbe Ausgabe für 5 oder 6 Euro
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.