[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good philosophical works that can also function

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: chad virgin.jpg (178KB, 1253x500px) Image search: [Google]
chad virgin.jpg
178KB, 1253x500px
What are some good philosophical works that can also function as self-help guides? Thinking along the terms of Epictetus' Enchiridion
>>
>>9899714
Self help philosophy ?
Uhm try any american interpretation of buddhism.
Its gonna suck tho and has no real value.
Carlos castanada the teachings of don juan gets close as a fun read and has positive spiritual values.
>>
>>9899719
Separate question, but where does one even start a serious study of Buddhism and Eastern philosophy?
>>
>>9899714
>I'm so dumb I need books to explicitly prescribe me a ready made life strategy instead of constructing one myself intuitively from the reading of any great book

Unironically kill yourself /r9k/ loser, that's the best self help advice you'll find
>>
>>9899725
Why do you have so much pent-up rage? All i'm asking is for works of applicable rather than purely theoretical philosophy. Sort of like the works that deal with the personal ethics of Stoicism. No need to be this upset.
>>
>>9899714
I assume you've read Marcus Aurelius? If not then Meditations

>>9899725
>hey can you guys recommend me a book on this subject
>NO FUCK YOU YOU PATHETIC LOSER
never change /lit/
>>
>>9899742
There is no such divide, knowledge is knowledge, what is applicable is what you apply. Stop being a fucking proud idiot and show some humility before presupposing what understanding it is you need.
Go start with the Greeks
>>
>>9899753
There's a huge difference in non-academic applicability between Nicomachean Ethics and Newton's Principia. Not all knowledge is equally useful when developing a cohesive view of how one should act in the world.

>Stop being a fucking proud idiot and show some humility before presupposing what understanding it is you need.
Given that there are basically an infinite amount of data I could be consuming at this very moment means that everyone needs advice in which direction to head in. You're right that I can never know ahead of time what i'll need to know, but normal people tend to prioritize certain information.
>>
>>9899724
Read the Bhagavad Gita.
>>
>>9899724
I dont know where. Just read carlos castaneda. If your into native american wisdom then youll like it. It doesnt have political masturbation tho. (Which i know is very important to most people here)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.