[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Civilization V's selection of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: civilization v.jpg (27KB, 250x313px) Image search: [Google]
civilization v.jpg
27KB, 250x313px
What does /lit/ think of Civilization V's selection of great works of writing?

Also, many people on /lit/ tell people with pleb opinions to "go back to /v/," but what does /lit/ think of the possibility of video games inspiring children to read as opposed to the opposite?

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Work_(Civ5)#Great_Writers
>>
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri was one of my first introductions to philosophy but the Civ series since 4 has been watered-down pleb shit

Looks like a pretty cool list
>>
It's a good list, at least what I read from it.
I'm pretty sure that kids don't play anything that would make them interested in reading though. Most of my nephews enjoy only Minecraft, DotA, and FOTM survival games. One of them was reading some new book about Illidan from Warcraft when I visited last. I got my son to play Pathologic (I see it here occasionally) and he seems to be reading my older stuff now from what I can tell. Maybe that influenced him, I don't know.
>>
>>9899383
>http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Work_(Civ5)#Great_Writers

These lists are okay. I also imagine it's an easy list to mod.

I like the CIV series. It isn't perfect, but as a kid it got me interesting in knowing more about history. The Civilipedia entries, the in game glossary, was sometimes a bit limited. I remember the Civ 3 article on Fascism being particularly uninformative, but at least honest about the disputes around defining fascism
>>
>>9899392
SMAC was top shelf.
>>
>>9899383
>tfw playing Civ 3 on your dads lap on his computer
>tfw you go home for christmas and you and all your siblings play Civ V with all the DLC
>tfw you're fucking autistic at it and never lose and always become a fascist
>tfw your own father pre-emptively invades you if spawn next to him
>>
File: wittgenstein-3.jpg (40KB, 357x400px) Image search: [Google]
wittgenstein-3.jpg
40KB, 357x400px
>>9899869
>>tfw your own father pre-emptively invades you
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.