[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate self-insert fanfics when the biggest self-insert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 81NsAvdcbML.jpg (380KB, 1425x2209px) Image search: [Google]
81NsAvdcbML.jpg
380KB, 1425x2209px
Why do we hate self-insert fanfics when the biggest self-insert fanfic in history is a world's classic?
Is Utopia by Thomas Morus and others.

And Paradise Lost is just than classical bad boy fanfic. Why we hate the newer ones and love the old ones?
We need to stop.
>>
>>9897433

Firstly

>WTF

Secondly, fanfic isn't written in beautiful poetry and filled with some of the most piercing analysis of the human condition the world has ever seen. Case closed. Move on.
>>
Because Dante is a spectator, not the protagonist.
>>
File: 1502823028334.jpg (29KB, 617x317px) Image search: [Google]
1502823028334.jpg
29KB, 617x317px
>>9897440
B-but... If some of then are?
If someone made it and is out there floating in some place of fanfiction . net?
>>
>>9897433
The true patricians here can appreciate the value of My Immortal.
>>
>>9897454

Then it would have been noticed by now.

You want to know what a decent fanfic looks like? Read The Last Ringbearer by Kirill Eskov
>>
>>9897447
This
>>
>>9897447
good post
>>
File: chauchy.jpg (12KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
chauchy.jpg
12KB, 213x237px
>>9897433

Because the point of those works are the things the author-insert is visiting. The works usually serve as a kind of argument for or explication of ideas. They are observers and questioners, not central figures.

With fanfics the point is a certain cathartic/orgasmic stimulation the reader/author is getting from the plot. It's wholly lower ego, libido stuff. They assume the center or important roles in the plot.

It's the difference between a somebody showing you their rack of barbells and somebody showing you a rack of sex toys.
>>
>>9897454
>anime poster is dumb
who wudda thought
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.