[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear lit What do you think of the psychedelic experience - Timothy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1496172326080.jpg (249KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496172326080.jpg
249KB, 1200x1200px
Dear lit
What do you think of the psychedelic experience -
Timothy Leary?
Two friends and I are planning to follow the instructions while taking lsd in a few weeks.
Any experiences, tips, recommandations of any kind?
>>
>>9894935
I've never heard of this but I like psychedelics. I'm going camping on Thursday and have a quarter of shrooms waiting for me. I'll look into this.
>>
There was a recent interview in 3AM Magazine (mag that interviews academic philosophers and their current thought) on psychedelics and philosophy. You should check it out.
>>
http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/tripping-knowledge-psychedelic-epistemologist/
>>
>>9894935
Have you tripped before?

If not you shouldn't expect too much. I mean that a lot of what people say acid is it isn't. People exaggerate certain parts of the experience to express how intense it is in other ways that are more difficult to explain.
>>
>>9895315
Too true, when explaining my bad trip to people I just end up saying "I can't really explain it"
>>
>>9894935
I'm quite familiar with the book, but I have never been able to do psychs with a "guide." I definitely repeat a few of the lines to myself if I'm in a bad spot on a trip.

If you haven't done psychs before, the 3 bardo explanation isn't too far off.

Go on and have fun; report back with any criticisms of the text afterwards.
>>
>>9895156
>>9895197
>>9895206
>>9895315
>>9895545
>>9895597
Fucking degenerates. Be proper white men and find a conservative white with whom to breed white children. There's a war going on
You revolting bolshevik fucks.
>>
>>9895315
I feel like responses like these are just people who haven't had a strong acid trip. This kind of response seems to come from american people a lot, where the acid seems to be really weak for some reason.

I've had acid trips so intense it was literally indinstinguishable (no difference) whether I was closing my eyes or not, due to the open eyed visuals or fractal worlds (?) being so incredibly intense
>>
>>9895616
This joke is played out you living meme
>>
>>9895641
Yeah, I think that a really small number of people who use/used psych ever went beyond a light trip, let alone the stuck in the only possible fractal moment where there's no time, space or escape.
>>
>>9895729
>>9895641

i remember this one trip on dpt + synth weed.
I was death and trapped in procces, problem was with infinite number of geometrical objects, each one could do whatever it wants and i had no control of it. It was absurd and terryfying at the same time, i was watching some weird construction comming to life, and then suddenly it was annihilated and another entity takes it place. This game was going for infinitum and i could only watch it. As i was regaining slowly control of my body i slowly become one of this entity, small and weak, but slowly gaining power and going higher in game's hierarchy. At the end i manage to reborn and come back to my real body, finally free from game. In reallity i screamed, as my mother came to my room shitting at me for waking her up. I was unable to explain my behaviour, i said something like "you will see tomorrow" because i was sure tomorrow i will be on youtube and in television they will tell about me and about what i did: about winning this infinite game and getting free from it as The Choosen One. Next day i still thought that other people may play same game as me, as this could be some shared consciousness, ancient mind game of psychonauts. It was so logical in my mind and i at the end i knew all rules of the game, even if i forget it shortly after.
I called this reality "hyperspace" and (suprisingly) there is something like dmt.forum where they are calling "hyperspace" for tripping on dmt. However my experience was slightly different and i havent seen any references to my game i played and won this night, anywhere on this forum.
>>
>>9895156
Tripping in nature is great, have a good one! According to the book itself one needs to prepare well to use it for a trip; read it over again and such. I have tripped before reading the book and reading it helped me structuring my trip, be it in the certain frame provided by leary but it made much sense. Then again I also have read much religious and buddhist literature before which framed my interpretation of the trip a bit in that direction. I expect using the book will deepen that kind of experience.
>>
>>9895197
Thank you. That was a worthwhile read. Very interesting!
>>
>>9895315
Only done shrooms/truffles. First time lsd. I've heard and read a lot about it and I think I see a pattern in what will happen on lsd comparable to shrooms but then much more intens. Every time I do psychedelics again it overwhelms me and I underestimate it. This will surely happen with the lsd too.
>>
>>9895597
We won't be doing it with a sober guide though. Just the three of us tripping. But we prepared well and will record the guiding pages beforehand
>>
>>9895766
Thats pretty intens dude. Such experiences are difficult to explain and for outsiders difficult to follow. If you want you can tell something about your background and interests, it is interesting how someone's context forms their trip.

How did you explain it to you mom in the morning?

My context and interests lie among others in culture, religions and spirituality, philosophy nature, music, literature and my drug experiences are very spiritual. How much do you think a trip is the same for everyone and how much of it is ones own input? Difficult to say I guess because trips are very context/setting/ambiance dependent. Iy feels somebit empty that only a certain neuron or part of the brain is triggered
>>
>>9894935
Honestly, I think psychedelics are merely stupid. They're not dangerous if you're not predisposed to mental illness: in my experience with myself and others, there won't really be any lasting effects. On the other hand, I don't think there's any meaningful insight to be had, either.

You'll probably figure this out at some point, or you'll go full retard and start collecting crystals or something. Best of luck.
>>
>>9897503
idk dude, my interests are fairly common i read chemistry, literature, philosophy, however i must confess that first DXM trip ignited my interest for philosophy and return to novels, as its opened door and shows me things i havent think about: profound, mysterious, whatever. It was tiny spark, not comparable to trip i described.
Imagine it is somewhere in future, and there are lamps or holographs, which for some reason have consciousness. That could never die, never even sleep and it could only think: “so I am inside X. X is just doing what X do, I dont know its destiny, cause I cant talk to man who created it, or rich man who wanted this holograph as expensive decoration in his bedroom. I cannot communicate with anyone my suffering, because I am just consciousness trapped in the process”. Or better even imagine dying and during soul-searching reborn not as human, not as animal even, but as soul trapped inside one of those futuristic devices, whose use still could not be known exactly. Watching chemical and mathematical processes inside such a device, how they form into same patter over and over again, for eternity.
>How much do you think a trip is the same for everyone and how much of it is ones own input?
No I dont think its same for everyone. I wanted to be writer once, I like literature, and I think its reason, why I came up with this whole narration to explain fourth-dimensional fractals and impossible cubes. Against something so fucked-up my mind must came with something to rationalise things I see.

Also from another perspective, normies who like “camping at lsd” or “riding bike at lsd” will never get anything interesting from such as experience, as they are vapid and simply, they have no soul. While I believe I am genius desu desu, and my novel about my psychonautic journeys will be fresh new meme, and innovative classic, when I finally write it
>>
anyone here had DOC phenylo?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.