[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Read the introduction to a novel written by some "literary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: harold-bloom.jpg (152KB, 1000x646px) Image search: [Google]
harold-bloom.jpg
152KB, 1000x646px
>Read the introduction to a novel written by some "literary critic". Pic Related
>Literal spoilers in the 2nd paragraph
Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
File: url-20_thumb.jpg (113KB, 456x455px) Image search: [Google]
url-20_thumb.jpg
113KB, 456x455px
>>
>>9893498
That's infuriating. What novel was it?
>>
>>9893503
Blood Meridian. I'm now going to close this thread because you only asked so you could drop even more spoilers.
>>
heh, welcome to the water kid
>>
This is why I usually skip introductions now, unless I'm totally unfamiliar with the context of the work. If I liked the book I'll usually read them afterwards.
>>
>>9893500
Guy could memorize 1000 pages an hour.
>>
>>9893587
Hahahahahaha
>>
That's because "studying literature" is mutually exclusive of reading for enjoyment; thus whether you get spoiled is irrelevant.
>>
>>9893587
kek, fat bastard didn't even read a lot of books he reviewed, just read summaries
>>
It is allowed because the book isn't genre fiction garbage and therefore it is enjoyable and worth reading. Literary fiction is not about some initiatic ritual of unveiling shit, where anticipating the ending would make the journey utterly pointless.
>>
>>9895127

perhaps he ate them

HOWARD BLOOM HUNGRY
>>
Was Judge Holden really the devil?
Whats up with his pedophile personality and his dance in the last chapter?
>>
>>9893498
>spoilers

>caring about spoilers
Confirmed pleb. I honestly can't understand the spoiler phenomena and why it would be a bad thing to have some element of the plot 'spoiled' before you read said thing. There is so much more to a novel than just the surprise of what's going to be said on the next page plot-wise. If you get annoyed by spoilers, the problem isn't the spoiler itself or the person spoiling it, the problem is you, and you should probably just go back to watching your Game of Thrones and your superhero movies and playing your video games.
>>
>>9893498
It's about the journey not the destination.
>>
plot is the lowest formal device
>>
>>9895270
This.

But also you have to be retarded to read a critical perspective on a book without having read the book first.

It's for those who are returning to the book for a second time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.