[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to read something that will help me gain a perspective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: justdoit.gif (1MB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
justdoit.gif
1MB, 268x200px
I need to read something that will help me gain a perspective and perhaps a direction in life.

I don't need a book to teach me about discipline, as most of those self-help books seem to focus on, as I have plenty of discipline.

My problem is finding out why any of it matters and what my direction should be.

Generally, people recommend fiction like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance or Siddhartha, but I'm really not looking to make any sort of parables or similar to my own life. I just want a nonfiction book that can change my outlook.
>>
>>9892820
Want to join the white nationalist movement? Come to /pol/, but beware: once you realize how deep the rabbit hole goes, you'll never be able to unredpill youreslf
>>
>>9892832
Fuck that noise.

I'd rather kill myself than be deluded into being a professional victim where everything is a conspiracy and nothing is your own fault.

Everything is a fucking boogeyman to you people. Learn to take fucking responsibility.
>>
>>9892820

I've lived for this moment. Yes, you all, so clever, or so you thought. To think of the place where I started from! Almost no knowledge about my situation to absolutely dominating it, I am clearly the victor so far. How you laughed, how you all laughed! Are you choking on it now? Does it offend you, yes? How I laugh now! Yes, yes, is there something wrong? Well, why don't you say so? Oh, what's that? You lips are sealed? Why's that, huh?

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA DANCE, DANCE
>>
File: schpdg.jpg (327KB, 649x1000px) Image search: [Google]
schpdg.jpg
327KB, 649x1000px
>>9892820
start with picrel
>>
>>9892852
Seems like a more philosophical approach than I'd like. Then I could just as well read one of the fiction books I mentioned.
>>
>>9892886
His essays are really accessible.
>>
Starting Strength
>>
>>9892820
Jordan Peterson self authoring program
>>
>>9892847

You dealt me a hand and dared me to play. Now that I am, all hell's broken loose. Who am I? Someone you can't control. That's scary, ain't it? I've got no Facebook. No Twitter. No public voice, no public face, yet from the shadows I watch my handiwork. I don't even do much, that's the best part! Supposed to fold, was I? You picked a poor mark, a poor mark indeed. You can make your threats, I have too much time. Make good on them! Even if you do, the damage is already done. This is my magnum opus, and it's a hell of a work.

Dance, Dance.
>>
>>9894339

I think I've found my title boyos.
>>
>>9894352

Dance, Dance?
>>
>>9894453

Yes, either that or "For Whom The Coin Flips". What do you think?
>>
>>9892820

Get a job you hippie. So many options open up once you have money in your pocket; don't be so quick to dismiss the normie lifestyle because you haven't even tried it.

On a serious note, Antifragile is a solid book.
>>
File: fivegrams.jpg (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fivegrams.jpg
37KB, 1024x768px
>>9892820
>>
>>9893227
Where did /fitlit/ go
>>
File: musashi miyamoto.jpg (114KB, 267x700px) Image search: [Google]
musashi miyamoto.jpg
114KB, 267x700px
some shit on mindfulness might do you some good. buddhist texts are pretty interesting in this regard, about finding meaning in everyday tasks like sitting, drinking, walking, whatever. thich nhat hanh has a series called "how to live" about doing things with 100% of your being. it's pretty good if you're looking for something practical.

if you're looking for something more religious in nature, check out the dhammapada. it's rich and flavorful and about stopping to appreciate things you otherwise would not. if you're looking for something more along the lines of art of war applied to your daily life, check out the book of five rings. both of them are more like guidebooks to life than the major abrahamic texts, and you can apply them in a secular way.
>>
>>9892843
Best thing about this post is that how you've described /pol/e dancers is exactly how they view everyone else and they don't even realise the similarities.
>>
>>9894693
Seconding the dhammapada. It's short and entirely aphoristic so even if it's not for you it's not a massive time sink to get something out of it.
>>
>>9894491
I have a high paying job, I work out, I run, I teach myself new stuff, my problem is figuring out why any of that shit matters.

>>9894693
I've done mindfulness before, it never really helped me with direction, just helped me enjoy the moment more.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.