[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep track of fiction book characters if they keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
How do you keep track of fiction book characters if they keep adding more and more of them and you forget what happened in the previous chapter?
>>
I just sort of let it wash over me and make connections later if they're made clearer.
>>
If you can't keep 140+ characters in your head simultaneously, you are a pleb. You did it at six years old with pokemon, why can't you now? Six year old would laugh at your decrepit memory now.
>>
>>9890794
Pokemon had pictures
>>
>reading for keeping track of the plot
lellykek
>>
>>9890839

this

true postmodernists just flick about from page to page in no particular order

you can read joyce like this and not at all be confused
>>
>>9890845
What if I'm trying to read classics like Lord of the Flies and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory?
>>
>>9890884

why would you even privilege the temporal order of plot? why is the lord of the flies better read from the first page to the last, instead of last to first, or in a random order?
>>
File: file.png (15KB, 396x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
15KB, 396x360px
>>9890891
>>
>>9890891
This Anon has the right idea. I also like to read books upside down or hire a homeless person to run away with the book and shout random words of it to me while I chase him with a net and if I catch him he has to recite three pages of Finnegans Wake to me before he's allowed to start running again.
>>
>>9890836
Books also have pictures, but you are the one responsible for transposing and fixating them into your mind, since they are not given to you as in a movie.
Imagination and memory are basically the same mental process, as Aristotle stated.
You must be able to reproduce the characters imaginarily as if they were people that you know personally, so they can appear to you mentally at your call. If you just read their names as you go, they'll be well gone after two or three pages.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.