[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that your taste does not matter nearly as much as your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Reminder that your taste does not matter nearly as much as your ability to justify your taste. That is, the reader matters more than the books he reads. If you go around telling everyone that your favorite authors are Shakespeare and Dante, but have nothing to say about them other then cringy co-opted paraphrases of Harold Bloom, then you are not as good a reader as somone who is able to deeply understand, say, a Faulkner or Hemingway book, and justify his liking for these books in a detailed, honest, and intelligent way. I have seen so many of these faggy "name your top 5 writers!" threads and I cringe whenever I see you idiots jerking each other off for your "patrician" taste. How much more pathetic can you get than trying to impress anonymous anime watching undergrads by listing off "patrician" authors? Not once have I seen any further justification for your tastes than embarrassingly cursory evaluations like "the prose was great."
>>
>another late teen status signalling thread of nuh-uh ur pleb and i'm a patrician
>>
Justify your reasoning.
>>
>>9890766
I may be status signalling, but that doesn't mean I'm not right, and that many of you aren't fucking stupid and deluded cunts.
>>
>>9890775
>thread about justification of aesthetic taste
>can't even provide a meta-justification for first order justificatory claims that isn't status signalling
>he thinks he isn't stupid
>>
>>9890788
Why and how would OP "justify" it? He's just commenting on something that bothers him.
>>
>>9890862
Reminder that your comments do not matter nearly as much as your ability to justify your comments.
>>
>>9890788
Also, the thread isn't about justification of aesthetic taste but about the intention of those that try to show off as patrician.
>>
>>9890865
(I know OP used the words "justify your taste" but it seems to me as if his comment were more about that problem)
>>
>>9890863
And your justifications do not matter nearly as much as your ability to justify your justifications. What now?
>>
>>9890875
Don't ask me, I didn't start this.
>>
>>9890865

this is the worst post in this shit thread

you couldn't have mis-read the OP in a manner that probably proves his point for him
>>
>>9890761
>>9890879
>>9890887
Just to make a point against OP, I can say that it's impossible to "justify" one's taste, just as it's impossible to justify one's instincts or predispositions: one can only get to know it better, develop it and become able to put it in words. You can't request a well written exposition from someone who've just started in the world of literature or who doesn't has reading literary works as his main hobby, so in their case it's a normal thing to not be able to "justify" one's taste; but I doubt it's the case of /lit/, so OP probably has a point.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.