[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What jobs can you do with a literature major that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: thomas_sowell.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thomas_sowell.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
What jobs can you do with a literature major that isn't being a novel writer or high school teacher?
>>
>>9878986
Y-You can be my friend.
>>
>>9878986
I know one person that used a CW degree to get a nice programming job, since she showed the similarities between poetry and coding. Editors often have a lit degree. Technical writers can use it to their advantage too.
>>
Gravedigger
Dishwasher
Ditchdigger
Crossing guard
Ticket collector
Bus driver
>>
>>9878986
Literally anything that demands a post-secondary degree in anything. There's a surprising number of jobs that only want you to have shilled out the cash for university.
>>
File: 14190171268046.jpg (422KB, 657x645px) Image search: [Google]
14190171268046.jpg
422KB, 657x645px
>>9878986
If you can navigate through the state's bogus graduation factory, you might just become free of the job delusion.
>>
>>9879042
I'm not a burger.
>>
>>9879052
Isn't that slang for German?

Automation is coming for all the jobs. In a decent society this would be a good thing, but we don't live in anything like a decent society at this time.
>>
>>9879013

America is a terrible place.
>>
>>9879078
we're headed for a civilizational collapse:

>shit demographics
>run out of cheap easy oil
>no cheap free energy
>infinite debt bubble collapsing all major economies
>WWIII

I rather live in the post WWIII economy doing something I like.

I think there will be always technical writing jobs I think.

at least my spic shithole still have healthy age demographics.
>>
>>9879101
>I think there will be always technical writing jobs I think.

reuters already uses bots to write its finance and sports articles
>>
>>9879110
>he thinks internet writing is technical writing
ayy the mental retardation.

novel writers sell their organs just to make 5-20k per novel, meanwhile a technical writer makes 60k doing manuals for phones.
>>
>>9879101
>shit demographics
By this you must mean there's too many people

>run out of cheap easy oil
>no cheap free energy
>Cheap
>infinite debt bubble collapsing all major economies
>Debt
This is bullshit talk. Capitalism needs to be exposed and killed off. Energy is all around and it can be considered free. There is no "debt". There's nothing civil about this society. It's actual impactful collapse will be from from the environmental disaster unfolding now. The "economy" is a farce.
>>
>>9879182
I'm not so sure what you're trying to say.

my point is that all our economy bases are based on wrong asumptions and the system can't keep going, it will collapse (nobody knows when).

the entire system is a ponzi scheme founded on infinite growth, infinite population growth, infinite cheap resources, infinite energy.

It was nice for 1950 america, but is breaking apart and will collapse.

It's a ponzi scheme.
>>
>>9879198
Agreed.
But there's a way to fix it. And that's to deny it. No debts are owed.
All the hands and heads of the world need to work to fix the environment or we burn up.
>>
>>9879220
It will crash.
It will be the end of the world.
that's why they're pushing for WWIII.
but I don't think there will be war.
however, when the system crash, it will be a shock for all people.
we'll have to start from 0.
maybe first worlders will be humbled when all their wealth comes to 0 and they have to actually live like the thirld world.
but only then we can move from this shitty world.

my point, is, after all this BS, that people will always need new computers, new phones, new electronics, even with a collapse, that wont dissapear.

so, there always be a demand for technical writers.
>>
NEET
Layabout
Welfare King/Queen
Shitposter
The list goes on and on
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.