[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to name a poem of his that isn't The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (10KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 190x266px
You have 10 seconds to name a poem of his that isn't The Raven without googling.

Pro-tip: You fucking can't.
>>
>pretending no one here has read Lolita
>>
rime of the ancient mariner, faggot
>>
the bells lol
>>
Lenore
Annabelle Lee
Both within two seconds
>>
Tamerlane. I've never read it though.
>>
Anything Randy Savage ever said
>>
>>9878972

Annabel Lee
>>
>>9878979
>>9878980
good posts

>>9878985
>>9879062
>>9879155
>>9879213
very bad posts
>>
The Conqueror Worm technically counts.
>>
File: 1492293008433.jpg (37KB, 650x376px) Image search: [Google]
1492293008433.jpg
37KB, 650x376px
>>9879313
>giving (You)s to every single person in the thread except for me

Hmph!
>>
>>9878972
I can name at least a dozen sorry stories but not another poem. I haven't read him since middle school though.
>>
>>9878972
Annabelle Lee
>>
>>9878972
Annabelle Lee is literally my favorite poem to read out loud.
>>
Anabel Lee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNNA-fC9Nw
>>
Once upon a midnight weary while I pondered weak and wear
Upon that ancient Plutonian shore of the lost Lenore
There I stumbled in a dreary through the mists of wine and cherry
On that short-felt heart's shore
Quothst't'dve the Raven - Nevermore.
>>
>tfw I once said I liked Poe's poetry to a cute girl and she thought I said Pope and once I clarified it she looks disappointed then snubbed me for the rest of the night
didn't expect these feels again
>>
>>9879324
This one is my favorite.

>But see, amid the mimic rout. A crawling shape intrude! A blood-red thing that writhes from out. The scenic solitude! It writhes!- it writhes!- with mortal pangs the mimes become its food
>>
>>9879361

she sounds like a hipster pseud
whenever you encounter hipsters you always just one-up them since they don't care about anything other than appearances anyways
should have negged her for liking someone as mainstream as Pope and then clarified that you liked Poe because of his relation to an obscure poet she's never heard of blah blah blah [just start making stuff up at this point]
>>
The Haunted Palace
>>
i havent read his poetry but The Man in The Crowd and The Murder on the Rue Morgue were good
>>
>>9879375
I mean, it turned out she was writing her doctoral thesis on Pope. Later she started hooking up with my twin sister too, which was doubly embarrassing.
>>
>>9879522
Do you live in a hipster soap opera?
>>
Israfel

which actually is a really good poem that nobody knows about.
>>
>>9879539
My sister and I rented a flat together (with one of her other friends) for a few years while I was at uni.
>>
>>9878972
You have ten seconds to name a poem of his.
>>
>>9879539
Kek 10/10 post m8. I think a lot of people on /lit/ probably live in something akin to a hipater soap opera.
>>
>>9878972
I'm fairly certain that Annabelle Lee is just as famous as The Raven.
>>
>>9880945
Ode to the West Wind is pretty great. Shelley is definitely one of my favorite poets.
>>
>>9880945
Ozymandias
Queen Mab
Revolt of Islam
Prometheus Bound
>>
>>9878972
Conqueror Worm
Annabel Lee
Lenore
Israfel

All in ten seconds
>>
>>9879522
post sister
>>
>>9878972
A dream within a dream
>>
>>9879313
Annabel Lee is a Poe poem. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is Coleridge.
>>
>>9881055
>Post of the Nascent Redditor
>>
fall of the house of usher
>>
>>9881055
Mariner is Coleridge and Annabel Lee is Poe.
>>
>>9878972
Why do the Europeans love this faggot so much? Is his work less obnoxious in translation?
>>
>>9878972
Uh... Jackie Chan?
>>
>>9878972
who doesn't like The Raven?
wtf is wrong with you people

it's not even edgy
>>
>>9881365

Probably because he's a pretty good writer to be honest.
>>
>>9878972
The Wasteland
>>
>>9882441
I feel like an idiot whenever I try to read Poe because I find him so unbelievably dull. I like the stories of his that everyone likes - Mask of the Red Death, the Telltale Heart, etc. - but most else is tedium.
>>
>>9883217

Ok.
I think he has a sophisticated use of symbolism, I like the atmosphere of his writing, and the language with which he creates them.
>>
>>9881055
>>9878979

Lolita is Nabokov
>>
>>9878972
A dream within a dream
>>
>>9878972
lenore
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.