[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every book was written by an author who desired fame more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4358.jpg (90KB, 827x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4358.jpg
90KB, 827x1024px
>Every book was written by an author who desired fame more than anything else, and truth, along with dedication or love for the craft, are secondary or tertiary considerations in all cases.

Prove me wrong
>>
Before we prove you wrong provide some evidence for your claim.
>>
Brandon Sanderson is known as one of the best modern fantasy writers, and he still manages to throw out 3-4 great books a year. He's prolific as fuck. He already got his claim to fame as the guy who wrote the best three Wheel of Time books (something that he was approached and asked to do, not a goal of his originally), but he continues due to his pure love of writing. He does lectures in universities on implementing magic systems in fantasy worlds, again something he isn't required to do for fame or money.
>>
>>9874664
>authors want to be published

No.
Fucking.
Way.
>>
>>9874664
Kafka literally wanted no one to read his works. consider yourself proven wrong.
>>
>>9874664
i wrote a book knowing it would not bring me fame. i did it to prove i could. and to prove to Leone Peguero that i am going to write fucking genre fiction no matter what her "rules".
>>
>>9874687
>He does lectures in universities on implementing magic systems in fantasy worlds

Real honesty here, this makes my heart die a little.
>>
How else are authors supposed to make money?
>>
File: 458px-Sanzio_01_Plato_Aristotle.jpg (102KB, 458x599px) Image search: [Google]
458px-Sanzio_01_Plato_Aristotle.jpg
102KB, 458x599px
>>9874664
Except real philosophers.
>>
File: IMG_5814.jpg (53KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5814.jpg
53KB, 480x480px
>>9874664
>>9875952
>>
>>9874664
How about the dude that wrote that fucking massive fantasy world that he did that had those little kids in it, and never published it. I forget it but look up an autistic old man who wrote like an unholy amount.
>>
Conrad
>>
Lovecraft
>>
Incorrect. Fame is only a means to an end for an author. That end is cash money.

A lot of authors are rich cunts already for whatever reason and just write because they can't think of anything else to do with their time. Occasionally the result is good.
>>
>>9874664
>Prove me wrong
Salinger
McCarthy
Goethe
Kafka
>>
you know those times when you are at work and you're like
no one is doing this blatantly obvious thing, so you decide to do it?
or maybe like Trump said
all the leaders are ineffectual and don't know how to do it , so you step in?
or maybe you have some thoughts and feelings all bottled up inside and you need to tell someone.
some authors say that when they write sometimes they feel like it isn't them thats writing.
I think theres some authors out there that have a story in their head or some ideas that should go down on paper to further explore them and see what they look like. Divine inspiration,fervor.
Sometimes authors are just compelled to write.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.