[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody know any theories about things simply not existing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: main_900.jpg (87KB, 900x713px) Image search: [Google]
main_900.jpg
87KB, 900x713px
Does anybody know any theories about things simply not existing to benefit our emotions.. for example;

Break up with gf - Does it REALLY matter? Does she actually exist outside of the realm of my thoughts etc

Someone dies - Were they ever alive to begin with? We only miss people because we are selfish and miss the way they made us feel rather than what they actually contributed to society..

Can't think of anymore at the moment but you get the idea. An intense way of thinking that takes over the mind and makes you numb, dismissive of negative emotions/pain.

I know nihilism focuses on pessimism and that nothing really matters, but thats still accepting whats right in front of you and will still allow it to effect you.

Inb4 just drink a bottle of whiskey
Inb4 feeling emotions is a beautiful thing
>>
>>9873651
Drink whiskey faggit
>>
File: carrot merchant.png (525KB, 707x532px) Image search: [Google]
carrot merchant.png
525KB, 707x532px
>>9873651

easy
>>
>>9873928
Fucking A
>>
>>9873651
I often wonder whether or not I exist outside of someone else's thoughts. Am I just the figment of someone's imagination?
>>
one of the worst threads this week
>>
>>9873947
Genuinely why though? You cannot fathom what OP is trying to say? You dont want to push your limits and find consistent peace in your mind? Or share alternative ideas how to?
>>
Aren't these the proverbial "spooks" we all clamour about? I haven't read stormer , but this sounds like having desire not grounded in reality are the core issue .
>>
>>9873965
There's nothing radical or challenging about convincing yourself that nothing is real because your mom died
>>
>>9873968
Carl stormer wrote about this kind of stuff? I can only find maths stuff about him
>>
>>9874034
Thats a drastic example. Clearly you dont understand the premise.
>>
>>9873651
Sufism, Buddhism, Ouspensky/Gurdjieff's systems (Ouspensky in his exegesis of Gurdjieff's system lays particular emphasis on the uselessness of negative emotions)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.