[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any books that will let me be like those genius productive people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 191x263px
Any books that will let me be like those genius productive people who seem to be constantly high energy and excelling at multiple things and getting lots done? I'm sure I could approach that if I stopped wasting all my time and had more morale.

Or are all these people doing bullshitty things?
>>
>>9872961
No book will do that for you.
If you want to be hyperproductive to the point of self-nullification, as far as I know you've got 2 options: bootcamp or meditation (starting with a retreat, it has to be a radical change, otherwise you'll keep being a lazy shitface).
These are your choices.
>>
File: ss.png (303KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
303KB, 500x669px
>>
>>9872961
Unironically, The Odyssey helped me achieve a higher energy state. I think it was the recurring description of Athena as the "tireless child of Zeus" (Fitzgerald). When I read that, i wanted to be like her. I repeat it like a mantra, and now I do everything, all of the time, without tiring.
>>
>>9874104
Beat me to it.
>>
>>9874115
this. whenever i'm running and i feel tired i start thinking about the iliad and i get faster.
>>
>>9872961
The geniuses you know about are either very skilled at self-promotion or were surrounded by people who heavily embellished upon their reputations. No one is high on life all the time but there are differences between past geniuses and modern people. One common trait that many geniuses had in the past was that they were addicted to unregulated amphetamines or morphine. or both. Secondly, they didn't have so many easy distractions to blunt their senses. They did not have the option to be shut-ins; glued to a computer screen all day.
>>
>>9874480
>They did not have the option to be shut-ins; glued to a computer screen all day.

yes they did, they were mostly "gentlemen" who didn't have to work, and since they were too uptight to go to a bar and party like a proletarian they had nothing to do but sit around reading shit all day. but i also think you started with a good point, most geniuses are overrated, like notice how all the great geniuses are far in the past in a more credulous time, like all the saints? sure there are new saints, but no one really believes their miracles, same with genius. we have them today, but nobody really believes in them as much as the old ones.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.