[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get into philosophy >start reading pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

>want to get into philosophy
>start reading pic related
>everything is fine
>come to the logic chapter
>can't comprehend jack shit when the talk about Aristotle's modal logic starts
I'm never going to make it, am I?
>>
>>9870154
Haven't read that much philosophy but sounds like you have to read Aristotle before continuing
>>
>>9870154
honestly, just skip that shit for now, don't spend too long on trying to figure it out
>>
>>9870160
You think that I'd understand it if I read from the direct source? I guess it makes sense, but I wanted some book for beginners before tackling the stuff directly. I didn't expect it to be this hard (the "Logic" chapter at least, up until then it was good).

>>9870161
I've been thinking of skipping the chapter altogether and moving on to the other ones.
>>
Unless you speak Greek you didn't understand anything before that either. I don't know how you got that far before realizing that book wasn't for you. It's for philosophy majors who have already been studying Greeks for years.
>>
>>9870154
Copleston is way too dense to start on.

Try 'A New History of Philosophy' by Anthony Kenny. (And make sure the title says 'new' and not 'brief', they're different books).

The Story of Philosophy by Bryan Magee is a 250 page DK book with lots of pictures, it's good for the very bare basics.

Both of those should be on libgen
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.