[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read something I wrote more than two months ago >think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tfw_to_smart_12.png (378KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
tfw_to_smart_12.png
378KB, 550x550px
>read something I wrote more than two months ago
>think to myself: "What a fucking pseud!"
>this has been the case for years
D-does this mean I'm making progress?

pic not related
>>
You can't judge that just by yourself.

You gotta put your work out into the world
>>
Same happens to me to an extent. It just means you're surpassing yourself. Either that or declining, but if you're really focusing and writing you're not getting worse unless you're being influenced by something shitty.
>>
>>9869282
>D-does this mean I'm making progress?
Yes, but measured by your current self, who is an egocentric cunt and always thinks he knows best.

I'm sure people who by a lot of external standards are regressing still feel like they're making progress since they're acting in the way that they think is best giving the current conditions.

People almost always think they're doing the right thing, so if your past self was doing something else, it's easy to write him off.
>>
>>9869282
I unironically agree with OP's image
>>
>>9869302
>>9869894
I guess that's a fair point, although I do have reason to believe that I am actually progressing as a person and not just changing, and definitely not regressing or degenerating, at least not in the sum.

The problem I have with sharing things is twofold: I feel like I'm not ready to stamp my name on my work, so to speak; in that regard, /lit/ seems like a great platform, however I don't write in English.
>>
>>9870016
>although I do have reason to believe that I am actually progressing as a person and not just changing, and definitely not regressing or degenerating, at least not in the sum.
What makes you think so? What attempts of objective measures do you take?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.