[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was in 9th grade, instead of reading Gatsby, we read this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (32KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 471x350px
When I was in 9th grade, instead of reading Gatsby, we read this awful fucking novel. I mean, it was absolute trash. It was about some girl driving from Tennessee to Arizona (or New Mexico, can't remember which). Along the way she finds an abandoned native indian baby girl. She decides to take the little shit with her and raise it. What happens next can best be described as absolutely nothing. She gets a job, makes some friends in AZ (or NM), hangs out with them, and gets the brat to say a word or two.

Only thing that happens with any tension is the state might take the kid away from her, and that gets resolved within a couple chapters in a way so boring I can't even remember it. It is the biggest piece of shit I've ever read, and I've read The Godfather. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it. Does anyone know what book I'm talking about?
>>
If its so bad why do you want to remember the name?
>>
>>9869366
So I can talk shit about it.
>>
>>9869058
The bean tree is the book and it is aweful
>>
>>9871247
Yeah, you're right. Just looked it up. It turns out she drove from Kentucky, not Tennessee. No wonder I couldn't find it through search.
>>
Why is the godfather bad? I only read up to the part where Tom Hagen visits that guy with the horse
>>
>>9869058
I recall having to read that shit too. No wonder I thought reading was shit and had to rediscover it years after I graduated.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.