[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've read a lot of American lit recently. I want different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I've read a lot of American lit recently. I want different perspectives and cultures, where should I turn? The Russians are always suggested, but they're just white men who happen to be communist.

I have never read any South American lit, or Chinese and I am always curious about African lit but just don't know of much.
>>
yo wtf is this, bump my thread!!
>>
File: o-JORGE-LUIS-BORGES-facebook.jpg (953KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-JORGE-LUIS-BORGES-facebook.jpg
953KB, 2000x1000px
South America has lots of neat shit, they've got a really strong literary tradition that kicks off in the 19th and 20th Centuries. Read Borges, Bolano, Bioy Casares, Marquez, and everyone from that circle of writers. They're all great. I can't help you much for Africa and China.
>>
>they're just white men who happen to be communist.
If I had a dollar for every inane /lit/ posts I'd be a millionaire.
>>
>>9865713
fuck off, white boy
>>
>>9865711
Thank you! I've heard much about a few of the authors you brought up, and had some specific books by them in mind to read. I'll have to make my way south soon ;)
>>
>>9865272
>just white men who happen to be communist.
nice bait
>>
The /pol/ troll seems to have gotten sick of his pretending to be /pol/ bait and is switching to a tumblr bait strategy.

The evolution of trolls is fascinating.
>>
>>9866357
>>9865722
>>9865713
wow,at last, I have made art. thank you for considering my silliness with seriousness, and validating my efforts!
>>
>>9865272
>White people are all the same.
>Russians r jus irish communiss dawg
>>
>>9865272
>Russians are white
They're Eurasian
>>
>>9866494
Some are white, some are Eurasian. Russia is fucking huge, anon.
>>
>>9865272
Why dont you read japanese books? They have cool literature.
>>
>>9866810
I have read Murukami and Osamu Dazai, and want to make my way to the militant gay Japanese author I see posted on here a lot. I do adore the Japanese, so more the merrier.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.