[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I even finish this? I'm 400 pages in and bored to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
Should I even finish this? I'm 400 pages in and bored to death. I don't care about any of the characters. Whatever higher meaning there is is drowned out by purple prose dressed as post-modernist style. Every time I find myself getting interested in something, Delillo takes me away to some other character–none of which are human, or at least they don't act or talk like it. Is that on purpose? Probably, but I don't care. This novel so far reads like a self-insert of one person in multiple people telling a frustrating story in a fashion way too meandering for me to care for. Should I stop?
>>
>>9862418
i really like delillos prose but yeah i seriously cant give a shit about any of the characters here

the best parts are the parts where hes describing shit and not when the characters are doing stuff together/talking

the prologue is the best bit
>>
>>9862442
will finishing it yield a pay-off? Like, do all the thoughts converge and reward me for going through the 800 pages?
>>
>>9862418
Just finish it to say that you did. The epilogue is actually pretty good and ties several of the threads/themes together. I agree with the other poster that for the most part it doesn't live up to the promise of the prologue.
>>
>>9862466
the epilogue is pretty cool

idk if you dont like the prose then dont finish it theres not much point lol
>>
>>9862480
I don't like not finishing books. It leaves a weird feeling in me
>>
>>9862491
then finish it dummy!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I don't feel like I lost anything for reading all of this, even though it wasn't always super rewarding. DeLillo's prose is god-like, and some of his metaphysical/physical description tangents are really beautiful, the characters are never consistently interesting and the plot is not that compelling. The writing itself pulled me through.
>>
>>9862640
this precisely
>>
>>9862640
this

i also loved all the film stuff in the middle with Cocksucker Blues and EIsenstein's lost movie. i honestly think Point Omega is his best piece of writing though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.