[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do stirnerites reconcile with the fact that people are completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: maxy.jpg (53KB, 604x596px) Image search: [Google]
maxy.jpg
53KB, 604x596px
How do stirnerites reconcile with the fact that people are completely helpless the first 10-15 years of their lives, and rely on selfless love and help of their parents and society to survive into adult years? How can they possibly choose egoism over philanthropy?
>>
>>9859939
My parents abused me, you narrow-minded fuck.
>>
File: stirner6.png (123KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
stirner6.png
123KB, 900x950px
I'm not 10-15 years old anymore, not my problem.
>>
but to give a non-meme answer, I think Stirner would consider that kind of care for one's child egoistic.
>>
>>9859939
They get rewarded through hormons and retirement safety. There is no true altruism.
>>
>>9859953
>>9859954
>I should waste my best years to raise a child so I can have a caretaker when I'm old and senile
If this is egoism, its a very retarded kind of one. Do you actually think your parents raised you to have a future investment?
>>
>>9859953
This, we have children for our own selfish reasons
>>
>>9859939
Selfless love is selfish goofie. Stirner himself wanted the union of egoists to live with another, that would mean love and hate, etc.
>>
Have none of you fucks actually read his work? It is literally one short book.
Caring about your family is in your own self-interest, because you love your family.

Stirner never said to be a selfish prick. He said to not put an abstract idea above yourself.
>>
>>9859960
>Do you actually think your parents raised you to have a future investment?
It's subconscious, just like love. It's human nature and we humans have just decorated our urges. Just because a woman will feel an inner deep and unspecific urge torwards children at her peak fertility it doesn't mean that she thinks about a nice retirement while doing so. Our body works in hormones, making us want something for a higher goal like "love" or in other aspects "religious enlightment", we can push ourself further towards it as if compared to just making the subconscious think the goal.

Everything you do is to your own selfish goal, in the end to preserve your "selfish genes". Even something like sacrificing yourself for a loved one will profit you (as your genes) as your loved onces probably are genetically near yourself if not even you pregnant wife/ kids, in which case killing yourself will preserve them).

That's just how humans work, doesn't mean you have to be a prick to accept it.
>>
>>9859962
>having children for selfish reasons
I am inclined to agree; the reason being the either conscious or subconscious desire to escape existential pressure. To clarify with an example: ask any parent what their purpose is - "My child(ren), of course". I would like to make one more trivial point - selfish in this context does by no means imply anything negative.
>>
>>9859962
My mom even admits she had my younger sister so that she has someone when she's older, because I'll be away kek
>>
File: 5caebd31823b360a.jpg (43KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
5caebd31823b360a.jpg
43KB, 720x720px
>>9860005
My mother got me to get her own flat with her husband.

>tfw she divorced him quickly and raised me with the hate for her ex-husband which she had to see daily in my face
>>
>>9860005
>>9860013
lmao it's crazy dude
i just like it how they can be open about it
>>
File: 1478697996813.jpg (53KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1478697996813.jpg
53KB, 800x680px
>>9860071
Complete disregard for the feelings of other people. She's probably a narcist, so I'm not surprised. She even kicked my underage sibling out because he didn't fit in her new family with another man.

Probably the same biological urges which feral animals like lions have towards the young of the ex alpha. So we should consider us lucky to just have been redpilled instead of made into a snack.
>>
Stirner is not Ayn Rand. You should read him instead of just memeing him.
>>
>>9859971
Thanks.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.