[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any books or stories that make fun of the reader in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

are there any books or stories that make fun of the reader in some way?
I dont know how this would be achieved but leading them on to make the wrong conclusions or bait and switch them would be the obvious choices
>>
I kind of felt like Phillip K Dick was a master baiter.
>>
>>9858260
Don Quixote makes fun of the reader.
>>
>>9858260
seems like those would be books in the Sterne tradition, not sure really. There are experimental things but not so much that particular plan as far as i know. i was thinking of this as well when discussing Gass and DFW making pleb filter in the beginning of their books, it would be an interesting thing to do, to fuck with the reader directly.
>>
>>9858260
also it was probably easier to do that in a certain era, i remember reading the third policeman recently and there's a
philosopher that's mentioned and discussed at length (which reminds me of a book called tomcat murr) and he's not real. it's not made apparent that the philosopher isn't real, so if you're reading in a specific time where you don't have the resources of say the internet, how the hell would you know the guy isn't real? seems like a little trick.
>>
>>9858694
I don't think the author intends to trick the reader by writing like that, but rather that he wants the writing to feel real. If you're reader feels like you're talking about real people when writing fiction, you have probably succeeded.
>>
>>9858700
nah the book is quite honestly a surreal romp through hell that often becomes so absurd that it's humorous. there are footnotes constantly talking about the guy and people who have reviewed and critiqued his works. it's only believable for the first half of the book, then it becomes apparent that the guy may not be real at all and that the author has been fucking with you the entire time.
>>
herovit's world. meta-as-fuck making fun of the writer, his friends, his fans, and his readers all at once.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.