[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No one can be truly happy if they only try to please themselves.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: god.jpg (79KB, 604x300px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
79KB, 604x300px
No one can be truly happy if they only try to please themselves.

How do I believe in god even though i'm an ex-religion member? It seems very blissful to believe in god, because I believe science is not the way to truth, my subjective experience is more important so believing in god will have bigger meaning for me than science ever will
>>
god doesnt exist....
>>
Recently I heard someone say "money can buy happiness, you just have to give it away," but in the middle of writing this post I remebered it was Pitbull
>>
>>9858333
I once gave 50 dollars to a beggar because I was feeling happy on that day. Funny how being happy makes you want to make others happy too, it's like a disease. This planet earth is like a force of bitter people v.s. happy people
>>
>>9858237
>No one can be truly happy if they only try to please themselves.
>science is not the way to truth, my subjective experience is more important

If you really believe the first thing then how can you believe the second thing? We all have to agree on a certain set of logical principles in order to function cooperatively with each other. By rejecting those rules in favor of your own selfish desire to achieve whatever it is you're trying to achieve for yourself and yourself alone, you're refusing to participate in the social game that's being played and peopel around you unhappy, because when they propose to play a social game you reject the proposition by rejecting the rules laid down. The only way both these things could be true is if the ultimate goal of advancing your subjective experience is something other than happiness, in which case why bother with the first statement, since it's a maxim that you don't obey or seem to care about
>>
Science can be compatible with "god" but diving into blind faith just because it makes you feel happy is the wrong way to go about it, that is if you're actually concerned about truth as well. You can approach religion in a non-dogmatic scientific manner by dropping materalist postulates but still approaching experience scientifically.
>>
>>9858364
You misinterpretted what I meant, those two do not exclude each other.
"My subjective experience is more important" is not meant like an egoist way of living.
What I mean by that sentence is not living by what scientists tell is true.
Science can't give me truth, only my own experience can give that.
By giving to others not only will others be happy, but so will I.
I think it's a win-win, but somehow I can not always be that person I try to be. I am riddled with escapism, using weed to escape problems, bad habits. I feel like i'm stuck in life.
>>
>>9858383
>"My subjective experience is more important" is not meant like an egoist way of living
I understand, but what I'm saying is that rejecting the shared principles that say science and logic are more valid than your personal feelings about what is correct and what is incorrect. What you're doing is choosing to be uncooperative with society at large, which upsets other people. Even if you're not being an "egoist" per se, your choice is meant to please yourself and displeases other people in concequence, regardless of whether or not that's what you meant to do.

>somehow I can not always be that person I try to be. I am riddled with escapism, using weed to escape problems, bad habits. I feel like i'm stuck in life.
Go ahead and become religious, then, but you don't need to reject all traditional logic in order to do it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.