[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who wanted Peterson's definition of Po

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: fatherlyconcern.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fatherlyconcern.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
For those of you who wanted Peterson's definition of Post-Modernism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naWWzn2fxWc
>>
File: 1501623335012.png (968KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501623335012.png
968KB, 1920x1080px
>>9855137
how i am supposed to take seriously someone that sounds like a puppet frog?
>>
>>9855137
His definition is limited to Derrida and it's a misinterpretation at that. Or maybe his problem is with the misinterpretation of Derrida by others. Basically he hates what he calls 'postmodernism' because it can lead to psychic turmoil and totalitarianism when the professors say that everything is a social construct. It seems he believes this has a basis in Derrida's critique of phallogocentrism. He doesn't explain it very clearly. I assume he's blaming Derrida for the action of the professors instead of reading Derrida. He says he read Foucault though.
>>
>>9855162
Thoughtful men usually are soft spoken or shrill. Nietzsche was extremely timid and was criticized by an acquaintance in a letter that he conducted himself in person as if he never spoke to others before, and ordered things like dining utensils with compulsion. In all probability he was a shrill kraut.
>>
>>9855162
So peterson is keks mouthpiece?

Puppet frog.
Frogs puppet
>>
>>9855189
Postmodernism is a many-headed mutant and it's impossible to behead them all with one strike
>>
>>9855208
Peterson has opted instead to cut the heads off a many-headed mutant made entirely out of straw and shredded postmodernists texts
>>
>>9855226
Is there a single text or author that serves as the entire basis of postmodernism though? It's very scatterbrained by nature.
>>
>>9855226
As if there is a some sort of concrete, focused core of "real postmodernism" instead of a pile of ramblings written by syphilis-addled protohipsters
>>
>>9855137
>Nietzsche played towards Christianity the role a maggot plays in a wound: it can devour dead flesh and leave behind only what is healthy.
Peterson's a smart guy.
>>
>>9855238
That's beside the point. He says he doesn't like Derrida because of how professors teach the idea of social constructs.
>>
>>9855402
but Christianity is pretty much all dead flesh at this point
>>
>>9855485
Tell that to the man who says the Rosary every day.
>>
>>9855137
People like Peterson convince me that you can't be a healthy adult and be truly bright at the same time. In a way what makes him respectable as a person is the same thing that makes him somewhat shallow as an intellectual. I like him, though.
>>
>>9855501
>In a way what makes him respectable as a person is the same thing that makes him somewhat shallow as an intellectual.

This is called having firmly held opinions.You lose some subtlety of thought but gain integrity (as long as your opinions are internally consistent).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.