[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody recommend a decent free resource for online chapter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (10KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 185x272px
Can somebody recommend a decent free resource for online chapter summaries for GR? I'm about to start it and just want to make sure I'm not missing the important details.
>>
https://www.ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm

This is the go to, but try to understand each section without it.
>>
>>9852739

If you don't like the story, what do the details matter? Or are you one of those people that believes fiction contains important life lessons? Like you see novelists as oracles?

If a novelist has something important to say, they're not gonna risk having it misunderstood or hidden. They'll let you know what they're talking about.

Pynchon has nothing important to say. Enjoy the ride if you can.
>>
>>9852754
>https://www.ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. I figured someone here would have it.

>>9852762
Interesting questions. With the other Pynchon books I've read, I enjoy his prose and thought-provoking tangents, but I often get a kind of anxiety as though I might be missing some important detail. I'm beginning to see that this is intentional on some level, on Pynchon's part. But having a chapter summary to "review" the important details of the chapter just makes his writing a little more enjoyable for me.
>>
>>9852762
You're stupid.
>>
also, here you go my niggas
>don't tell anyone tho

now ya'll can pontificate like a true academic to all the pseuds
https://archive.org/details/WeisenburgerAGravitysRainbowCompanion
>>
>>9852762
I have come to agree with your stance that using literature for learning life lessons is a bit pointless. Its just entertainment, so all that matters is finding it enjoyable. However reading does allow us to see life from different perspectives, and it gives us the ability to be more empathetic. I think this in and of itself is a life lesson in that it enriches you and allows you to develop some wisdom.
>>
>>9853318
>Its just entertainment, so all that matters is finding it enjoyable.

Are you fucking 17 or something?

Good lord...

>summer
>>
>>9853650
>implying literature serves any other purpose

Weak boned pseud
>>
>>9853318
>its just entertainment
GR was the first "postmodern" novel I read. It was difficult, and at many points I certainly was not having a good time reading it. Regardless it had a significant impact on me because I found it dense and beautiful and its disjointed narrative kind of matched where I was in my life. Books or art in general can be far more than just entertainment. Enriching is a good word for it.
>>
>>9855214
I dont disagree with you, yes literature can be enriching. Pynchon is phenomenal with regard to his prose and some of the messages he presents. All entertainment is not created equal. Yes his books are difficult when you first read them, and they are more 'nutritious' for you, but at the end of the day, you dedicated hours out of your life to sitting on your ass and consuming instead of living and doing something that created concrete results. I think literature is great, better than tv by far, but if you don't do something worthwhile with your life, then youll just be a dead guy who read a lot.
>>
>>9852762
lol fiction obviously doesn't teach "life lessons" but it is a great way or you to expand or rethink your own ideas through prolonged exposure to someone else's
>>
I recently finished it, and I enjoyed the ride until I got to the end, when Pynchon went full retard and dismantled the living fuck out of the book. Some of the tangents I enjoyed were
>dodo birds and Jews
>Freemasons
>Byron
>Tyrone's dream with poopoo and Parker
>>
>>9856452
re-read the beginning you idiot

it was like that since the start
>>
>>9852762
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you google "top 10 bestest life lessons in the world" you'll get real life lessons in the first article link.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.