[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Definitive /lit/ top 100. Why haven't you read everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: 2017littop100.jpg (1MB, 1500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
2017littop100.jpg
1MB, 1500x3500px
Definitive /lit/ top 100. Why haven't you read everything on here yet?
>>
>>9848718
Fake chart. Fake news.
>>
>>9848721
go back to r/books
>>
>>9848729
Stop promoting a chart that isn't the result of actual voting procedures and fails to reflect /lit/.
>>
>>9848718
I wouldn't have a problem with a fake chart if it had actual good books on it
>>
>>9848735
the fact that you care so much is just gonna make more people promote it

is this your first month on 4chan or something newfriend?
>>
>>9848737
yes yes im sure you'd support this chart if yit had harry potter (books 2, 3, 4, 7), the complete murakami, and some ready player one + GRRM.
>>
>>9848718
>what is lyrical poetry
>>
>>9848740
>being this defensive over your shitty ching chong genre fiction
Fuck off sheep. Read Story of the Stone or something of actual value instead of your chinese anime books.
>>
>>9848757
that's true op, you are here again.
>>
If we're counting the Complete Works as its own title, then I'd say it should be put above Ulysses, and so should the Bible. I'd also add the Quran for literary reasons.
>>
>>9848757
Every time someone makes this thread, they accuse everyone who reminds them that this chart is fake, or has no vote counts, as being a discordfag. What is discord? I only come on 4chan for /lit/ to discuss stuff, so what is it? Is it an app?
>>
>>9848718
>>9848757
Fake chart with random shit polluting it. You're just here to shitpost like you were yesterday, aren't you?

>mfw people on here have less of a life than I do
>>
>>9848764
Agreed. Why would you add the Quran? Hasn't it had relatively little impact on literature? All I can think of is the Muslim poets, Arabian Nights, and Dune.
>>
>>9849418
A chat service. They get bans for advertising their server outright so they resort to this sort of spam instead.
>>
>>9849521
Ah ok, thanks.

I don't get it. Why would they want to advertise their server? And what on earth does that have to do with them saying that a chart is fake? Like, what's the connection between the two?
>>
>>9849533
The person who posts the fake is from that server.
>>
>>9849537
That I would get, but >>9848757
is accusing all the people calling out the fake of being discordfags. The thread yesterday had the same thing, a bunch of people called out that the chart had nothing to do with the final tally of votes, and other people started calling them discordfags.

IDK, I just come to /lit/ to discuss books, and occasionally get surprised by a chart that covers stuff well (like historical Chinese lit, etc)
>>
>>9849554
It's just that person from discord trying to confuse people like you into thinking there's something to see there. He made the fake. Don't bother.
>>
>>9849582
literally no one wants to talk about discord stfu

anywau it's a good chart
>>
>>9849554
someone made a poll and some discord server organized a ballot stuffing campaign. pollster removed their votes so now they monitor /lit/ threads that mention the chart and call it fake

it's really boring "drama"
>>
>>9849429
>the Muslim poets
Pretty improtant, then. It also influenced magic realism in a way I think.
>>
ops list seems a little reddit to me, can one be sure it's authentic? Suttree above Proust?
>>
>>9849760
no one here has read proust
>>
>>9849784
>smugpaypay.png

for you
>>
>lonesome dove

Literally who the fuck reads lonesome dove. That's like seeing a Michener book on here or some shit
>>
>>9848718
>3, 16, 38
Overrated.
>5, 33, 42
Trash.

>77
God, I feel stupid for even pretending to take this shit seriously.
>>
>>9848764
Totally agree. Ulysses is an elite work, but it's crazy to think it's better than ALL of what Shakespeare wrote. Tbh King Lear or Hamlet alone beats out Ulysses.

Also agree with >>9849745 that the Quran should be added, even if you disagree with its tenants. Though I would argue that Arabian Nights is superior to all Islamic (or even Arabian) literature.
>>
>>9849847
>Hamlet
It's okay to enjoy it in HS and it's a decent work but no way near King Lear or Tempest or even Midsummer Night's Dream.
>>
>the discordfag's pathetic attempt to change the "narrative" of the chart
You made a fraud, people saw through it, and that's the end of it. People aren't going to forget if you keep spamming this chart, they're just going to keep remembering.
>>
>>9849868
u wot m8
>>
>>9848751
only pseuds call it story of the stone

fucking pseud
>>
>>9849868
autism
>>
>>9849868
>Tempest or even Midsummer Night's Dream.
easy reads
>>
>>9849737
>someone made a poll and some discord server organized a ballot stuffing campaign
because they were mad about OP's fake having been outed
this is the poll you're talking about
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S9554473
OP's fake was released before that
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S9543923
now stop shilling and go read a book
>>
>>9850037
Making a great story an easy read only further proves the mastery of the author.

Finnengans Wake isn't an easy read. Any story translated into a language you barely speak won't be an easy read. It won't help to raise the quality.
>>
>>9850053
the messages aren't exactly profound. they are very entertaining stories, however.
>>
>>9850055
Well, these are screenplays for an audience that was mostly illiterate. It obviously limits your room for messages but the ones available are still important and universal, and as you said, they are presented by entertaining (and well written) stories. Sounds decent enough.

In comparison, Ulysses is just Joyce jerking off to his own genius.
>>
>>9849847
>>9848764
this list is a top 100 of our favorite books, not necessarily what we think are the best books. the fact i have to explain this shit only means you're a summerfag.

O U T
>>
>>9850088
but what a genius he was
>>
>>9849868
low quality b8
>>
>>9848718
>not a single book past 2010
>literally only 3/100 in the 2000's

Seriously why the fuck should I bother with these old fucking books? I'm not here to try and prove my literary genius like the rest of you clowns(pro tip:you are all fucking retarded and reading these books isn't going to make you smart) Let me know when you can give me a list of modern books. You aren't cool because you read old books.
>>
>No Lolita
Every time.
>>
>>9850718
my mom says im cool
>>
>>9851440
>trusting women
>2017
>>
>>9848718
>complete works
Isn't that cheating?
>>
>>9849830
LotR is on the real chart too brah.
>>
>>9851510
not if it's all in one volume
>>
Fuck off.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.